Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect !! Deleting the .u allowed all to rebuild properly. Thanks for the help.

Looking forward to the uber-version to check out the code.

Appeciate the source code donations....

Comment

Yeah that made it work, thanks!

I wish you the best of luck on this game going Viral...

Love the Art style! Very good demonstration of "not biting off more than you can chew" for an app game!

Comment

Can't wait for final source code.

Thank you again !!!

Comment

@Jeremy

Originally posted by JeremyStieglitz View Post
          In that case I'd have to guess it's not recompiling your Engine script package due to the script source files' modified dates perhaps being EARLIER than the file you have on disk. The easiest way to resolve this is to completely delete the .U files in your MobileGame\Scripts directory, and then run the UDK again, which will force a recompile of all of the scripts!

Btw, for those wondering about Chicken Coup on the App Store, it was resubmitted last week with Epic's new iThingPackager, so it should hopefully appear soon... it's an uber-version of the game with more levels and gameplay mechanics, which we'll also post here afterwards

-Jer
          Hello Jermey,

Let me start by thanking you for being so generous with your help in providing the source code for your game for us to learn from.

Now my dilemma. I extracted the files for your game and tried to open the UDK modile game on my PC and it just crashes immediately. My question is...what folder should I have placed the unzipped extraction in as the root folder? I used the c:\UDK\UDK-2012-12 folder. Should I have placed it in the Mobile game folder instead? c:\UDK\UDK-2012-12\MobileGame? Also, will I be able to play it by initiating the UDK mobile game or only through the editor on my PC?

Thanks again!

Comment

Edit: Found solution, in DefaultGame.ini

Thanks for providing this! It's helping a lot. I'm new to UnrealScript, and I'm trying to learn about UDK's Mobile Input system. I understand most of it, but I'm confused about one aspect - how do you define zones? In MobilePC.SetupZones, the necessary zones seem to be already in the MobileplayerInput's array.

Code:
            function SetupZones()
            {
            	// Cache the MPI
            	MPI = MobilePlayerInput(PlayerInput);

StickMoveZone = MPI.FindZone("UberStickMoveZone");
            	StickLookZone = MPI.FindZone("UberStickLookZone");
            	FreeLookZone  = MPI.FindZone("UberLookZone");
            }
            Also in your source code:

Code:
            function SetupZones()
            {
            	local Vector2D ViewportSize;

myInput = MobilePlayerInput(PlayerInput);

GameplayZone = myInput.FindZone("MainView");

...}
            After searching through the source files, I cannot find a "MainView" file or otherwise see where you initialized it and included it in the MPI array. (Same with the default source code above)

Can you help me out here? Where do I look to find these zone definitions, how are they put into the MPI array, and where would I make my own?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to add GameCenter in my game and I have been using your example to figure out how it is done.
              Achievements work but I'm having trouble with leaderboards.

From what I could debug it stops here:

Code:
              	if (PlayerReplicationInfo.UniqueId != zeroID)
              	{
              		leaderboardWrite.SetIntStat(class'ChickenLeaderboardWrite'.const.LEADERBOARD_SCORE, Score);
              		OnlineSub.StatsInterface.WriteOnlineStats('Game', PlayerReplicationInfo.UniqueId, leaderboardWrite);
              	}
              It doesn't go into this IF. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
              I posted more details here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=764922

Thank you,

Andrei

Comment

What do you consider the most stable version of the UDK for mobile platforms to begin developing an Iphone game with?

Comment

downloading.

Comment

I love this funny game!

Comment

Hi, When I rebuild scripts I get these error messages:

[0002.81] Init: Version: 8171
                      [0002.81] Init: Epic Internal: 0
                      [0002.83] Init: Compiled (32-bit): Apr 5 2011 17:33:09
                      [0002.83] Init: Command line:
                      [0002.83] Init: Base directory: D:\UDK\Binaries\Win32\
                      [0002.83] Init: Character set: Unicode
                      [0002.83] Log: Executing Class UnrealEd.MakeCommandlet
                      [0003.22] --------------------Core - Release--------------------
                      [0003.30] --------------------Engine - Release--------------------
                      [0005.43] --------------------GFxUI - Release--------------------
                      [0005.48] --------------------GameFramework - Release--------------------
                      [0005.72] --------------------UnrealEd - Release--------------------
                      [0005.90] --------------------GFxUIEditor - Release--------------------
                      [0005.92] --------------------IpDrv - Release--------------------
                      [0006.01] --------------------OnlineSubsystemPC - Release--------------------
                      [0006.06] --------------------OnlineSubsystemGameCenter - Release--------------------
                      [0006.12] --------------------UDKBase - Release--------------------
                      [0006.30] --------------------MobileGame - Release--------------------
                      [0006.38] --------------------ChickenGame - Release--------------------
                      [0006.38] Analyzing...
                      [0006.73] D:\UDK\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\Chicken Pawn_Fox.uc(54) : Error, Type mismatch in Call to 'NotifyChickenStolen', par
                      ameter 1
                      [0006.78] D:\UDK\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\Chicken PlayerController.uc(186) : Error, Type mismatch in '='
                      [0006.84] Compile aborted due to errors.
                      [0006.92]
                      [0006.92] Warning/Error Summary
                      [0006.92] ---------------------
                      [0006.92] D:\UDK\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\Chicken Pawn_Fox.uc(54) : Error, Type mismatch in Call to 'NotifyChickenStolen', par
                      ameter 1
                      [0006.92] D:\UDK\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\Chicken PlayerController.uc(186) : Error, Type mismatch in '='
                      [0006.92]
                      [0006.92] Failure - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
                      [0006.92]
                      Execution of commandlet took: 4.10 seconds

If to replace parameter "GetHeldPrey()" in function "NotifyChickenStolen" on "ChickenAIController_Fox(Controller).currentGrabbe dPrey" (function body)
                      one of errors disappears, but there is one more "Error, Type mismatch in '='". I do not know, how remove this problem.

P.S: sorry for my bad english...

Comment

hey Jeremy. was wondering if you could post some insight/feedback/tutorial on implementing achievements using gamecenter. I would like to implement that into our game and would like some starting points. Thanks for any help or knowledge you can provide.

Comment

hi
                          i am also having the same problem as Vovandr

Error, Type mismatch in Call to 'NotifyChickenStolen', parameter 1

Is this specific to UDK version?
                          I am using April version

Comment

Getting the same thing, also using the April release.

Comment

Looks like it compiles fine with the March update.

Comment

Originally posted by theDeadBook View Post
                                Getting the same thing, also using the April release.
                                It looks like the typechecking must have been changed a bit in the April UDK causing these errors. I remedied these locally by passing around an Actor rather than an Interface_DraggableItem and casting to the Interface_DraggableItem when necessary.

I listed the changes below that made it compile and run on my install:

ChickenPawn.uc
                                Line 58: function Actor AllowDragging(Controller attemptedGrabber)

ChickenPawn_Chicken.us
                                Line 47: function Actor AllowDragging(Controller attemptedGrabber)
                                Line 52: return CarriedBy.Pawn;

ChickenPawn_Fox.uc
                                Line 43: function Actor GetHeldPrey()
                                Line 55: Interface_DraggableItem(GetHeldPrey()).HandleStole n(Controller);

Interface_DraggableItem.uc
                                Line 21: function Actor AllowDragging(Controller attemptedGrabber);

Comment

Working...
                                X