Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, just as a final test to see if it is actually a device compatibility issue, I went ahead and purchased Dungeon Defenders (fully knowing that the game has compatibility issues from the Appstore reviews). And yeah.. the game doesn't run on my device. Dungeon Defenders quits out after the title screen..

P.S.- Hope a fix for Dungeon Defenders is in the works now

Comment

Join ChickenMenuMap + ChickenMockup_2 how to do this thing
      because we have the menu app and the game app, i m very very confused
      with that way of dev by Dungeon Defenders 1st Wave creators Trend Ent and how to make that fusion - Tnxxx in advance.
      Goku + Vegeta = Gogeta XD - Tnxxx again for that answer Sir Trend Ent

Comment

Scripts are OutDated.Would you like to rebuild now

Hi Folks when i do that > Extract this folder into the root directory of UDK.
        You will overwrite your existing MobileGame and Development subdirectories with the one here. --- UDK SAY Scripts are OutDated.Would you like to rebuild now <> what that mean TNX BY THE WAY

Comment

Jeremy,

If you are still out and about in the forums, great news. I've finally figured out why both Chicken Coup and Dungeon Defenders wasn't working. I'll jus get straight to the point: I have never fully restarted my device since I purchased my Ipod Touch. All this time, I was just tapping the power button, thus only putting the device into sleep mode.

I'm very relieved, and almost feel a bit ashamed for not knowing how to fully restart the device until just now. As an excuse, I'm a PC guy, haha.

Both Chicken Coup AND Dungeon Defenders work perfectly!!

* time to get busy with Dungeon Defenders *

Comment

Originally posted by backforgood11 View Post
            UDK SAY Scripts are OutDated.Would you like to rebuild now
            That happened to me too and I just rebuilt them. Worked great.

Comment

UnrealUN after the rebuild no errors for me --- you have deployed the chickenMockup or the chickenMenuMap on your device you know how to join that 2 maps ?
              SoFarSoGood

Comment

Ok many thanks !

Comment

@ the Trendy guys - What happened with the submission of this to the App Store? That was a few weeks ago now and it doesn't seem to be there (or at least I can't find it if it is)...

Comment

A little over a week ago, before "Chicken Coup" was Approved, we resubmitted the title with some additional content: more levels, more gameplay mechanics, more Achievements, etc etc. IIRC, that knocks it down to the bottom of the queue, so now we have to wait it out again. Welcome to mobile game development

-Jeremy

Comment

This is a fantastic game, thanks for sharing

Comment

First thanks for the great Sample Game.

I just started today looking at UDK as an alternative to Unity for development.

We wish to make an iphone game first so this is where I am starting.

I was wondering why this Overwrites 37 files that are already part of the Editor?

And why the Texures for the buildings and Characters dont show in the Game Previewer but do show in the Editor?

Comment

Hey, thanks for this and it looks great! I can open and view the levels if I don't rebuild scripts, but if I do rebuild scripts I get these error messages:

[0004.56] --------------------MobileGame - Release--------------------
                          [0004.58] --------------------ChickenGame - Release--------------------
                          [0004.59] Analyzing...
                          [0004.66] C:\UDK\UDK-2011-01\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\ChickenGame .uc(164) : Error, Unrecognized member 'GetNudgedScaleTo768' in class 'Canvas'
                          [0004.67] C:\UDK\UDK-2011-01\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\ChickenHUD. uc(99) : Error, Unrecognized member 'GetNudgedScaleTo768' in class 'Canvas'
                          [0004.71] Compile aborted due to errors.
                          [0004.74]
                          [0004.74] Warning/Error Summary
                          [0004.74] ---------------------
                          [0004.74] C:\UDK\UDK-2011-01\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\ChickenGame .uc(164) : Error, Unrecognized member 'GetNudgedScaleTo768' in class 'Canvas'
                          [0004.74] C:\UDK\UDK-2011-01\Development\Src\ChickenGame\Classes\ChickenHUD. uc(99) : Error, Unrecognized member 'GetNudgedScaleTo768' in class 'Canvas'
                          [0004.74]
                          [0004.74] Failure - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
                          [0004.74]
                          Execution of commandlet took: 1.95 seconds

I'd like to actually play it, but I'm not sure exactly what to do about this...

Thanks You guys rock!

Comment

Stitch626,

You gotta extract the "Development\Src\Engine", "GameFramework", and "MobileGame" directories from the ChickenCoup source zip over the corresponding UDK directory. We added a couple helper functions to some of the base classes, such as 'Canvas', to make things more convenient for our game code. Then it should compile!

Cheers,
                            Jer

Comment

I am having the same problems as stitch626. I am overwriting all the files.

Comment

In that case I'd have to guess it's not recompiling your Engine script package due to the script source files' modified dates perhaps being EARLIER than the file you have on disk. The easiest way to resolve this is to completely delete the .U files in your MobileGame\Scripts directory, and then run the UDK again, which will force a recompile of all of the scripts!

Btw, for those wondering about Chicken Coup on the App Store, it was resubmitted last week with Epic's new iThingPackager, so it should hopefully appear soon... it's an uber-version of the game with more levels and gameplay mechanics, which we'll also post here afterwards

-Jer

Comment

Working...
                                X