Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Chicken Coup demo from Trendy

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Coup demo from Trendy

The great team over at Trendy, who you probably remember from Dungeon Defenders, has put together a demo for all of you UDK with iOS users. The demo is available in full-source form so you can easily download it and deploy it to your own iOS device to check it out!
    [SHOT]http://www.udk.com/elements/img/ChickenCoup.PNG[/SHOT]
    You can download the full Chicken Coup source here: ChickenCoup UDK Source

"Chicken Coup"
    All is well on the farm. The cows have been milked, the pigs' bellies are filled, the hens lay about contently around the henhouse -- wait! What's that?! A fox! You better get those chickens back into their pens before they're carried away by these dastardly predators!

Chickens appear from various hiding places along the playing field. Foxes sprint out of the three forest exits to snatch away the chickens!

There are three pens: one for roosters, one for hens, and a third (cage) for foxes. The player needs to drag these animals into their respective pens. If a fox escapes into the forest with a chicken, a chicken life is lost, and don't put the wrong animal into the wrong pen either... lose enough, and it's game-over!

The more animals the player has penned, the faster the appearance rate of the new critters, starting out slowly and eventually becoming a madcap frenzy! Who can pen the most critters at once? Only time and mad skills will tell...

Tips:
    Drag the same type of chicken into each other to form chicken chains which give you point bonuses. Don't lose any chickens to increase your "Chicken Power" which gives you a further point multiplier. Be sure to prioritize foxes that have got their mitts on a chicken!

Looks good, I will love to check this out!

Thanks Trendy!!
    aZzy

Comment

Sounds good, should provide anyone a quick jump to 3D farmvill

Comment

Hey all, we have the "Chicken Coup" UDK Mobile game in Apple's submission queue, so if we're lucky it may go up on the App Store this year (free of course). Here's hoping!

In the meantime, definitely encourage ya to download the source (simply extract it over a new UDK Dec 2010 installation and it will become your "MobileGame") and try it out yourselves on provisioned iOS devices. The title uses GameCenter for leaderboards so you'll see some pretty challenging High Scores up there already (note that this development build will put you on GameCenter sandbox, which is separate from the public GameCenter your apps ultimately have on the App Store). I think our current record is around 40,000 points. And good luck earning all of the Achievements... mwahaha

If anyone has any Q's about how we created this little game our how the UnrealScript works, by all means post here and we'll spill the beans.

Have fun and we're all looking forward to seeing what everyone creates with UDK Mobile... let the floodgates of awesome portable Unreal games open

-Jeremy Stieglitz

P.S. Please check out our other Unreal Engine powered iOS title, Dungeon Defenders: First Wave, which just hit the App Store today! http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-...404296113?mt=8

Comment

Awesome stuff Jeremy!

Comment

Looks pretty sweet. Too bad I refuse to use mac products.

Comment

Very Nice Thanks a lot

Comment

how do u know wat ios is capable of handling

Comment

@ JeremyStieglitz
                  You should come hang out with Blade and the rest of the cool IRCers at #UDKC.Gamesurge.net

Comment

Looking good! I hope i will learn alot out of the source file.

Comment

Thank you for making this game and for sharing the sources. I just installed it on my iPod and it's a lot of fun playing with it.
                      It's also great seeing such a well structured project. I'm learning a lot from it.
                      You guys have a lot of experience working with UDK by now. I'm curios how many days/weeks it took the team to make this.

Thanks

Comment

About two weeks, ~8 days of actual work

Glad you like it... hopefully Apple will put it up on the store soon so anyone can try it out without having to setup provisioning etc (and then we can see what some of the High Scores end up being on the real GameCenter )

-Jer

Comment

Thanks for this, downloading now to check it out.

Comment

Please help me, i've installed this project by copy-pasting the files in the zip, but now everytime i try a map i see this :

http://img585.imageshack.us/i/68885416.jpg/

And i can't move with the mouse, i can only move with WASD and the arrows, but it's not working well.
                            How can i return to the previous settings? i prefer to not re-install it...thank you

Comment

Try to open WordProperties and change Game Type to CastleGame.

Comment

Working...
                              X