X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by JeremyStieglitz View Post
    IIRC you'll also need a Mac to generate the signing keys necessary to provision your application for distribution. Unless it's possible to generate these keys via a PC application or Web interface, if anyone knows?

-Jer
    Everything can be generated through the UDK's iOS tools and then signed on the Apple's provisioning portal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ColdWave View Post
    Can this be done:
    Develop the game on PC.
    Get a mac from friend and just install the upload app. And use it to upload the game only.
    IIRC you'll also need a Mac to generate the signing keys necessary to provision your application for distribution. Unless it's possible to generate these keys via a PC application or Web interface, if anyone knows?

-Jer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a process that must be followed in order to transfer the files from the PC version of my UDK iOS game to the Mac in order for it to upload properly to the app store? Or can I just cook the game and save it to a disk and then open on the Mac and submit it to the app store? I am just trying to understand the proper pipeline for this type of endeavor since I don't own a Mac yet but I am working on a game and it should be completed in a the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ColdWave View Post
    Can this be done:
    Develop the game on PC.
    Get a mac from friend and just install the upload app. And use it to upload the game only.
    Yes, that should work as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    The program (Application Loader) used to upload packaged apps to the App Store is only available for Mac.
    Can this be done:
    Develop the game on PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mordt View Post
    Not sure why we need a mac to distribute though unless it all has to be done from within xcode but havent looked into it.
    The program (Application Loader) used to upload packaged apps to the App Store is only available for Mac.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gegebel View Post
    needing a MAC to distribute? WTF? who really owns a mac around here?
    I'm a PC guy (just love my gaming too much) but I do own an Mac Pro which I bought for final cut studio (i much prefer this to adobe premiere) and also I run Mudbox and Maya on the Mac.

Not sure why we need a mac to distribute though unless it all has to be done from within xcode but havent looked into it.

I'm definately interested in this platform.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bsabiston View Post
    That link to UDN Mobile Home doesn't go anywhere?

Also when you fire up UDK Editor, on that Welcome splash menu the button for "Video Tutorials" also does not work? Neither does "Cooking and Packaging" link... is that just me or is it broken?

B
    This should be fixed now. If not, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That link to UDN Mobile Home doesn't go anywhere?

Also when you fire up UDK Editor, on that Welcome splash menu the button for "Video Tutorials" also does not work? Neither does "Cooking and Packaging" link... is that just me or is it broken?

B

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eldraco View Post
    Is there documentation on exporting a scene from standard UDK to UDK Mobile? I can't seem to find any, and Switch Platform->Mobile Isn't working
    Same problem, it ask me if i want to switch, i press yes but nothing happen, no restart.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm going to guess the people over in the "is UDK coming to OSX" threads.

I'll be obtaining a used one shortly after I obtain my first iThing, I think.

Not much Epic can do about the requirement, if the software to submit to the app store only works on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    needing a MAC to distribute? WTF? who really owns a mac around here?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the help, I will do that. It is just an environment I have been working on, so there is no code. Is there a specific process needed for touch input if it is just an environment?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    With clever tweaking of the INI files, you can make MobileGame use your UDKGame folder .. though it's not clear to me yet if it will cause any significant problems. It doesn't -seem- to, but the mobile previewer doesn't work right for me even without any tweaks, and I don't have an iThing to truly test things on.

Is there a document that details specifically what primary differences are between the Mobile and regular engine? Like I could've swore I've read all the docs, and I didn't know about the Mobile materials settings until I read it somewhere here .. I may be missing things, though, my brain isnt working right lately.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Switch Platform" simply restarts the editor, switching to either UDKGame or MobileGame game settings and content. You could also just load either editor using the Start Menu shortcuts created by the UDK installer.

The UDKGame and MobileGame editors are binary-compatible. That is, you can copy/rename packages and maps between the two content directories, and for the most part things will just work.

However, fully porting an existing game to mobile may require many additional steps. For example, you'll need to update your materials with mobile-specific settings, add support for touch-based input, etc. Don't forget to copy over your script code as well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X