Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK Mobile documentation!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdWave View Post
    Can this be done:
    Develop the game on PC.
    Get a mac from friend and just install the upload app. And use it to upload the game only.
    Yes, that should work as far as I know.

Comment

Is there a process that must be followed in order to transfer the files from the PC version of my UDK iOS game to the Mac in order for it to upload properly to the app store? Or can I just cook the game and save it to a disk and then open on the Mac and submit it to the app store? I am just trying to understand the proper pipeline for this type of endeavor since I don't own a Mac yet but I am working on a game and it should be completed in a the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWave View Post
        Can this be done:
        Develop the game on PC.
        Get a mac from friend and just install the upload app. And use it to upload the game only.
        IIRC you'll also need a Mac to generate the signing keys necessary to provision your application for distribution. Unless it's possible to generate these keys via a PC application or Web interface, if anyone knows?

-Jer

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyStieglitz View Post
          IIRC you'll also need a Mac to generate the signing keys necessary to provision your application for distribution. Unless it's possible to generate these keys via a PC application or Web interface, if anyone knows?

-Jer
          Everything can be generated through the UDK's iOS tools and then signed on the Apple's provisioning portal.

Comment

GameHatcher,
            You can generate an IPA on PC using your distribution cert (check out http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Distr...nAppleiOS.html for more information). That IPA still needs to be uploaded from a Mac however, but yeah, you can transfer it via USB key or network or whatever.

Jeremy, as Curious said, certificate requests can be done on PC and submitted to the provisioning portal to get certificates (http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Apple...visioning.html). These can be used to code sign on a PC as well, only the final submission to the app store requires a Mac.

Cheers,
            Michael Noland

Comment

@ Joat

Originally posted by joat View Post
              GameHatcher,
              You can generate an IPA on PC using your distribution cert (check out http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Distr...nAppleiOS.html for more information). That IPA still needs to be uploaded from a Mac however, but yeah, you can transfer it via USB key or network or whatever.

Jeremy, as Curious said, certificate requests can be done on PC and submitted to the provisioning portal to get certificates (http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Apple...visioning.html). These can be used to code sign on a PC as well, only the final submission to the app store requires a Mac.

Cheers,
              Michael Noland
              I was scrambling to gather funds to purchase an iMac 2010, but will now hold off and finish my project using my PC first and get the iMac once we are fully finished.

Thanks a million!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GameHatcher View Post
                I was scrambling to gather funds to purchase an iMac 2010, but will now hold off and finish my project using my PC first and get the iMac once we are fully finished.

Thanks a million!

Cheers
                Personally, I'd say if you're only going to submit to the app store, it's not worth getting a new one.
                I managed to get a decent iMac for $200. Not a gaming rig, but the specs are actually quite decent

Comment

@ eTrust

Originally posted by eTrust View Post
                  Personally, I'd say if you're only going to submit to the app store, it's not worth getting a new one.
                  I managed to get a decent iMac for $200. Not a gaming rig, but the specs are actually quite decent
                  REALLY!? Can you share where you got it and the specs on it that are working for you? I just figured the best route was to get the newest one on the market, but I am inclined to use an older version if it will definitely do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by GameHatcher View Post
                    REALLY!? Can you share where you got it and the specs on it that are working for you? I just figured the best route was to get the newest one on the market, but I am inclined to use an older version if it will definitely do the job.
                    Picked it up on eBay (Hasn't arrived yet though)

Core2Duo 2.0GHz, 1gig ram, 160gb hdd, 17" screen.
                    Not sure on any of the other specs, but for that price, it'll do the job it needs to

Comment

@ eTrust

Originally posted by eTrust View Post
                      Picked it up on eBay (Hasn't arrived yet though)

Core2Duo 2.0GHz, 1gig ram, 160gb hdd, 17" screen.
                      Not sure on any of the other specs, but for that price, it'll do the job it needs to
                      Great! Thanks. I wish you luck. I called a friend that has told me they may have something around the same price range with similar specs. This is great news. Thanks for the advice. Take care.

Comment

A step by step tutorial about the creation of main menu like the up menu in epic citadel will be awsome, if you know somewhere find it, i apreciate very much.

Sorry for my english.

Comment

I'm solo-developing my first iOS game and am new to UDK. The game Im developing is a first person atmospheric horror game untitled at the moment. I was wondering if anyone can offer advice since Im running into a bit of a brick wall for adding a "Use" button to the standard "Epic Citadel" interface.

I've read the Mobile Zone documentation and tried utilizing Kismet-->Level Loaded-->Add Input Zone and have gotten as far as displaying the "Use" button exactly where I want it (below the right thumb stick.... but it fails to work as a use button to Toggle triggers, etc. I've also added the Mobile Button Access function to call the Add Input Zone and it still does nothing. Bascially, I want the Mobile onscreen Use button to work as the PC "E" Use key does and though I've looked to see how to do this, the logic is escaping me right now.

I'm guessing I'm going to need to get into the INI files to create the script but if anyone could provide either a sample script or even a direction on where to look for this one function, it's greatly appreciated. I will post pictures of my progress and hopefully contribute to anyone else I can

Comment

Where is "UDKMobileLift.exe"? In the online doc, it says it is in Binaries, but in the October 2011 release recently, my Windows searches stop at the May update.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by tdempsey2008 View Post
                              Where is "UDKMobileLift.exe"? In the online doc, it says it is in Binaries, but in the October 2011 release recently, my Windows searches stop at the May update.

Thanks for any help.
                              I think starting with June or July releases, everything (regular UDK and Mobile) is using one editor, the "UDKLift.exe", there is no more "UDKMobileLift.exe". I create a shortcut on my desktop and add " editor" to the end of it.

For example, in properties of shortcut:

Target: "C:\UDK\UDK-2011-10\Binaries\UDKLift.exe editor"

If you don't add the " editor" part at the end, you just load the game module or something.

Comment

What kind of physics can i use? Can I use Apex, PhysicAssets. Softbodys, Fractured for mobile or only Kactors?

Comment

Working...
                                X