Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Use a mesh has a model to the other meshes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use a mesh has a model to the other meshes

let me see if i can explain this , can i grab a model of a character and make all the other models i create have the same size , position or look at same place and things like that ?

You are saying you want to use the same skeleton with different mesh models, and asking: do the mesh models have to be the same size and position as the original mesh model?

Not necessarily but it helps when you're in your 3d program and you tell it to swap a new mesh on to your skeleton. The closer the new mesh shape is to the original mesh shape, the easier it will all connect, the less work fiddling around connecting stray vertexes. Although probably there's a quicker way than manually fixing the connections, idk.

To UDK, far as I know, it doesn't matter what meshes you have attached to your skeletons/animsets. I have several player meshes, they all use one skeleton, one animtree and one animset. They are male and female - can't tell the diffence in PIE. Same with my NPCs, many meshes, one animset/tree. Enemies will be similar, the only difference is my spider

Comment

Originally posted by Snipe34 View Post
      You are saying you want to use the same skeleton with different mesh models, and asking: do the mesh models have to be the same size and position as the original mesh model?

Not necessarily but it helps when you're in your 3d program and you tell it to swap a new mesh on to your skeleton. The closer the new mesh shape is to the original mesh shape, the easier it will all connect, the less work fiddling around connecting stray vertexes. Although probably there's a quicker way than manually fixing the connections, idk.

To UDK, far as I know, it doesn't matter what meshes you have attached to your skeletons/animsets. I have several player meshes, they all use one skeleton, one animtree and one animset. They are male and female - can't tell the diffence in PIE. Same with my NPCs, many meshes, one animset/tree. Enemies will be similar, the only difference is my spider

my big problem is with the guns actually , i mean i have some working that i got to study but when i grab my meshes and put them instead of the other my guns either dont show or just show pointing to the mesh instead of the other side and when i turn them around 180 they still the same.
      if i could use one of the models and force the other to have that position and size maybe that would work

Comment

If I understand what you mean, you have the mesh + skeletal rig of your guns in UDK but your problem is positioning and size of different meshes? In your 3d program (Blender / Maya 3dsMax or whatever) when you get one of your guns pointing in the correct direction and the correct size in UDK, then make sure the other guns have the same position and size in your 3d programs. I hope that's what you're asking.

Comment

yes thats my problem and i did that but in game it was like before.
          to be sure i exported a gun from ut3 in fbx and opened it with 3dsmax then after i imported my gun and made it stay on same position but when i got it on udk again the gun was like it was before.
          is there any place i can get a skeletal rig for a gun to try to test on my gun ? i think it can be my skeletal that may have problems

Comment

You can also open the skeletal mesh editor in UDK and adjust the Origin and ROT origin of the mesh to adjust each mesh to their correct positions

Comment

that i do but doesnt solve anything

Comment

ah, it gets complicated

Yummy-veges is correct of course, and we can only guess at where you problems are, sorry. Anyways a quick search of google and I found this link: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/ak-47-with...ion-25707.html free AK with anims. Just downloaded it myself to take a look.

Edit: Nice looking model. I imported it to Maya as an FBX. But imported to UDK, pretty much broken. Although my code btw has weapon/hands as one unit. I dunno how and don't care yet although I've read about problems - how separate gun/ arms are setup. That could be part of your problem which is what devving is all about; wading thru swamps of problems and trying to stay sane.

Comment

tks im going to try that , its a little stupid but having everything working but not the guns its a little stupid

Comment

Working...
                  X