blender files needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blender files needed

as the title says I need blender files (preferably made with blender 2.63-2.66), to be more specific I need files for a weapon with animations and a character with animations. you see I have discovered a work around for blenders FBX exporter, I have tested it with 2 vehicles, 1 of the vehicles has animations containing both rotation and translation and they worked perfectly.

so if anyone has any spare files they don't mind sharing I would appreciate it.

oh and it doesn't matter if the models aren't good or don't have textures, I only need them for testing the work around to see if it works on weapons and characters.

thanks

Here you can download a weapon with ironsight animations (Zoom, Fire, Equip,...) http://rapidshare.com/files/1304864260/m14.blend

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
      Here you can download a weapon with ironsight animations (Zoom, Fire, Equip,...) http://rapidshare.com/files/1304864260/m14.blend
      thanks fighter5347 that's a big help, I will test it to see if the workaround works.

now all I need is to do is find a character with anims to test with

Comment

I've got that one character from blendswap and blendercookie rigging tutorial working with a poor walk/run cycle, will upload later on today.

What kind of workaround is this? I rotated my skeletal mesh to 'lay on its side' right before .fbx export and it did import with correct axis orientations in UDK.

Comment

I just tested the weapon and it worked fine, so that's 2 vehicles and 1 weapon both with animations tested and they seem to work fine. witch is good

Comment

just in case anyone is interested, the work around I was testing that seems to work is to check the box for the "XNA rotate animation hack" in the fbx export settings as well as using the commented lines for the armature and using the "TOA ref pose" when importing. the XNA hack disables global rotation on export (basically locking the bones in place).

Comment

Smokie13 you my friend are the bee's knee's
              +1000

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                Smokie13 you my friend are the bee's knee's
                +1000
                well I didn't get round to testing a character but it does work for weapons and vehicles, needs to be tested a few more times.

Comment

Working...
                X