Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Blender FBX Scale Export Bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - I get what your laying down now, the other tutorials explained it differently. But I seem to be finding a lot of mistakes in outdated tutorials, or even further more everyone does things a little differently.

So if anyone is still tracking this post, I know I read somewhere about how the UDK plants a skeletal mesh's foot during movement so the model is not sliding across the map. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comment

it's hard and time consuming to keep tutorials up to date when the blender and udk get up dated so often, if and when blender get the fbx export fixed i'll certainly up date my stuff.

in the end it's up to you which workflow you follow, i don't use blender as often as i should but that's life.

Foot planting i've never heard of, yes in the anims you can set an anim-notifier which is used to play the sound of the foot hitting the ground, afaik all movement is done on the root bone so you need to match that speed with the anim speed. i could be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by OSIAS View Post
        I read somewhere about how the UDK plants a skeletal mesh's foot during movement so the model is not sliding across the map. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
        Skeletal controllers, IK foot placement. There's a page on UDN that goes into detail if you search for it, but the basics are on this page: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Using...lFootPlacement

Edit, actually that is the definitive page I think.

Comment

Oh thats pimp, that even better than what I was shooting for, I found what I was origanoly going for which was a blend by speed node in the animetree. But thats even better.

Danke Sha

Comment

Working...
          X