Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Cutscene - Attach camera to head of a character

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutscene - Attach camera to head of a character

Hello everyone,
    I'm doing a cutscene in UDK and I'm not sure how to do one thing...
    Basically the cutscene will be in first person, and via matinee I will control the animations of the player, but since I'm not so expert with camera movement is there a way to basically attach the camera to the head of the player in matinee, so when the player turn the head the camera will follow the bone rotation?
    Cheers

Hello.

Haven't you tried to attach you viewport to camera, it's similar to fisrt-person walk.
    I think you can't do straight as you want, because player can walk in launched engine only.

Comment

Point is that I'm not going to replace the player, I just need to record two dudes walking, and one of them will have a camera attached to his head...
      Seriously, in all 3d apps there is a way to link an object to another object, in UDK this is not possible?
      Not even with sockets? I'm just guessing....

Comment

You can attach camera to your dudes, if they are already animated.
        Search attachment property on them (attachement -> base) with you camera preselected.

Comment

Originally posted by Piccoe View Post
          You can attach camera to your dudes, if they are already animated.
          Search attachment property on them (attachement -> base) with you camera preselected.
          I will try that, thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X