Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

skeletal animation import from 3ds max

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't seem like I'll be able to get this to work. It's weird since it works just fine in 3DS Max. I even exported it to Counter-Strike and works perfectly there as well. But when I get it in UDK it breaks... I'll be giving up on that and adding it without animation because my deadline draws way too close

Comment

I think I found the villain, but I don't know how to fix it. I hope one of you knows. So, the ''tracks'' in udk, which have the names of the bones when I look at AnimSet -> Delete Tracks, have shown me something. When I make a new AnimSet and import my anims, the tracks for the gun are missing from the list, only the tracks for the hands are there. There is also a default AnimSet automatically generated when I imported the model, it has all the tracks, but when I import the animations it asks whether I want to skip patching missing tracks or something like that.

I added the gun without animations and started coding it, I have it somewhat working, but it just feels weird having such pretty gun standing frozen on the screen with no animations, so if anyone knows the problem, please help

Comment

if the weapon is a seperate mesh then it needs a seperate animset.
        if your using the utgame code then watch my videos as they will help you

Comment

But it's not a separate mesh, the gun and the hands are all a single object in 3ds max, skinned to a single skeleton, so it seems like for some reason I can't use these animations and skeleton for UDK, but they are fine for other games. Doesn't anyone here have an idea on why is it doing this? I'd really like to avoid having to make my own skeleton and animations, since these are very good.

Comment

ok think i mentioned this before but when you play the anim in the udk editor switch on the view bones and see if the bone move in the anim. it may be the case that when you do the anim in max the exporter is not see-ing any keyframes for those bones, like i said have a look at my videos you may see what your missing

Comment

No, the bones aren't moving in UDK, I've checked already, I think you might be right because as I said it doesn't even find their tracks or something like that. I watched your videos but I think I missed that part, I guess I'll look at them again.

But it's weird how if I export one animation together with the mesh, when I import it in UDK it works, but only that animation, when I proceed to add the others they still don't, so it's not much use.

Comment

watch the videos, and use actorx if you can

Comment

Watched them again, tried everything I could think of, it doesn't work and it doesn't work... I guess I'll have to give up and make my own skeleton and animations, thing is I don't have anymore time...

Comment

sent you a pm, if your still interested

Comment

Working...
                    X