Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Trying to replace character mesh and anims- not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to replace character mesh and anims- not working

I've been following this guide:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/184969192...hvptwo=&hvqmt=

I am trying to make a Third Person Cover Shooter (Oh the originality ) and have decided to take it in baby steps. Firstly I have tried to change the character mesh and anims. I have followed these two guides:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...stom-Animation

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UDKCustomCharacters.html

at the same time trying to avoid editing the UTGame classes by creating my own. Here are all the classes I have created so far:
    AwesomeActor.uc
    AwesomeFamilyInfo.uc
    AwesomeGame.uc
    AwesomePawn.uc
    AwesomePlayerController.uc
    AwesomePlayerReplicationInfo.uc

The skeletal mesh uses a custom skeleton and custom anims- I added the WeaponPoint and DualWeaponPoint sockets (but not the others) - and set up the animtree like so:

The package containing my models and textures is called Insurgency and is located at UDKGame/Content/.

When I start up a map (using a bat:
    C:\UDK\UDK-2012-01\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe AwesomeTestMap?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?Game=Awesom eGame.AwesomeGame -log)
    The character is simply invisible!? I know its behind view as the link gun bullets originate from the left side of the screen and from empty space (where the end of the link gun barrel is supposed to be)
    I Know its loading insurgency.upk (to get the models) as if I place an asset unique to insurgency.upk into AwesomeTestMap, it is visible when I load up the map (using the bat file)
    What am I doing wrong?

Your pawn is being set by the game type defaulproperties:
    [CODE
    DefaultPawnClass=class'AwesomePawn'
    [/CODE]

And where is 'AwesomeCharMesh'?

Comment

GameInfo;
      Code:
      class AwesomeGame extends UTDeathmatch;

defaultproperties
      {
          PlayerControllerClass=class'AwesomeGame.AwesomePlayerController'
          DefaultPawnClass=class'AwesomePawn' //We have to assign our pawn to our custom game type

bDelayedStart=false //So there's no countdown at the beginning of the game
      }
      Your pawn;
      Code:
      class AwesomePawn extends UTPawn;

//Disabling epic's silly character stuff
      simulated function SetCharacterClassFromInfo(class<UTFamilyInfo> Info);

defaultproperties
      {
          /** Visuals and everything else assigned to get custom pawn */

Begin Object Name=WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent
              bOwnerNoSee=False
              AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'CH_AnimHuman_Tree.AT_CH_Human' 
              SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'CH_LIAM_Cathode.Mesh.SK_CH_LIAM_Cathode'
              PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'CH_AnimCorrupt.Mesh.SK_CH_Corrupt_Male_Physics'
              AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'CH_AnimHuman.Anims.K_AnimHuman_BaseMale'
          End Object

Mesh=WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent
          Components.Add(WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent)
      }

Comment

So I edit AwesomePawn to choose my skeletalmesh?

I've deleted AwesomePlayerReplicationINfo and AwesomeFamilyInfo and changed AwesomeGame so it's like Derp's and changed AwesomePawn so it's like Derp's but with the assets I'm trying to use. When I'm compiling, it says that my references to my assets are unresolved- which I guess means that UDK can't find them. However, they are inside a package in UDKGame/Content. How do I get the game to load my package (UDKGame/Content/Insurgency.upk)? I assume I have to edit one of the ini files, but where?

For Simplicities sake, shall I rename Insurgency.upk to AwesomeGame.upk?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrblbshrtz View Post
          So I edit AwesomePawn to choose my skeletalmesh? I've deleted AwesomePlayerReplicationINfo and AwesomeFamilyInfo and changed AwesomeGame so it's like Derp's and changed AwesomePawn so it's like Derp's but with the assets I'm trying to use. When I'm compiling, it says that my references to my assets are unresolved- which I guess means that UDK can't find them. However, they are inside a package in UDKGame/Content. How do I get the game to load my package (UDKGame/Content/Insurgency.upk)? I assume I have to edit one of the ini files, but where? For Simplicities sake, shall I rename Insurgency.upk to AwesomeGame.upk?
          Just right click on your mesh in the editor,wherever it is and choose to copy its full name to the clipboard and then paste that path into the slot in your pawn class............

Comment

Working...
          X