Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DS4 FBX to 3DS Max 2011then to UDK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS4 FBX to 3DS Max 2011then to UDK

Ran through a few bumps explained here.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forum...ead_id=2844792

What else do I need to setup before getting my character along with the animations she has into UDK?

I have seen a method of getting DS4 FBX to Unity but im not going to use Unity I want to use UDK as my game engine.

Well I had successs importing my character into udk and im able to see her move in the AnimSet Editor but.........

The Animation itself is messed up. =(

Comment

Next question is how to apply the textures/materials that were originally on my character

Comment

Import the textures, setup a new material, apply it to the character in the mesh's properties.

Comment

When udk imported my fbx file it brought over the materials/textures but when playing in the AnimSet Editor I did not see the textures applied.

Comment

You still have to add the material to the model.

Comment

Im lost when it comes to adding the materials inside UDK....

Any pointers?

Comment

Apply it to the character in the mesh's properties.
                There's an infobox you can apply the material in in the properties.

Comment

Update

I had several image formats that UDK did not like or support.

I used Genetica Viewer to change the image formats to .bmp

My character appears fine fully textured =)

The thing im experiencing is when importing a FBX Animation my character looks deformed.

Exported Character via FBX 1st without animations <--- fully textured character finally =)

Then exported the rest of my animations via FBX <--- UDK is being mean to me =(

Is there an additional step im overseeing?

Comment

Working...
                  X