Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deformed Skeletal Meshes in UDK Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Deformed Skeletal Meshes in UDK Mobile

    Hello Community,

    I've modeled, rigged, and animated 2 pawns for my Mobile game and when I import them into UDK I setup the SkeletalMesh AnimSet and AnimTree accordingly then in my UScript code I just point to them and they load fine.

    When I run the game in mobile mode however, the model is extremely deformed - everything else works, animation/collision...etc its just the model looks very bizarre.

    Does anyone know why this is happening?

    #2
    Hi, I've the same problem, my mesh and animations looks fine in Maya, but when I export it to UDK and import the .psa file in AnimSet it deforms the mesh completely..actually legs and head looks ok but the shoulders are really chaos. What is the problem? I did the same procedure with my other character and it works fine.

    By the way how did you get animation to UScript, we can see them working in AnimTree and we can move in the world with our character but we can't see her "walk" or "run" animations inGame.

    Help please.

    Comment


      #3
      Hello

      I actually resolved the issue - inside maya when you use Smooth bind make sure that you go into the options and set "Max Influences" to 2 since by default that is the maximum allowed weights for a mobile game by UDK.

      For the animation you have to set in the default options of your pawn the following:

      Code:
       
      AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'<Put name of package.animset>'
      AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'<Put name of package.animtree>'
      SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'<Put name of package.skeletal mesh>'
      Where you fill out the appropriate info within the ' '

      You could also use the MobilePlaceablePawn if you arent going to do something substantially different to need unreal script (look up the Jazz jackrabbit mobile game video for more info on how to use it - you should find it on the UDK site somewhere)

      If your animations still dont play then I suspect you have a problem in the way you built your animtree

      Hope this helps

      Comment


        #4
        hey guys I have the same problem here anyone found something about this! we need many documentation for the iOS development here, I hope we'll find more by the end of the summer ( before turning back to college )

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by VerT3X View Post
          hey guys I have the same problem here anyone found something about this! we need many documentation for the iOS development here, I hope we'll find more by the end of the summer ( before turning back to college )
          What software are you using? My problem involved the number of influences I was using when I bind the skeleton to the object. Make sure it is set to 2

          "Max Influences" to 2

          Otherwise you might have problems. That was my problem, not sure what your issue is.

          Comment


            #6
            hi Daniel,
            I'm using 3ds max, I think you using Maya cuz I saw "Max Influences" in Maya, I had studied Maya in college.

            Comment


              #7
              Well you need to find where max keeps that info. I haven't used max all that much to help.

              Comment


                #8
                anyway thank you Daniel,
                I'll try to do something in Max, and maybe I'll write a post about that later.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Same trouble with deforming skeletal mesh in UDK Mobile...

                  Ah never mind resolved it.. just had to change the bone affect limit.
                  For future reference everyone, its this in max.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thank you!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X