Using root animation on full body slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Tested it and works perfecly, i recommend users, to trace down the floor, to avoid character flying on the air after a root motion animation. Happends in slopes and such, landscapes ....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, I didn't know you could set it via code if it didn't show the option in the anim tree editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a example of what i got,

FullBodyAnimSlot.SetRootBoneAxisOption (RBA_Translate, RBA_Translate, RBA_Translate); this is what you need

still getting the bugs out but it works. I am brand new to programming but I am finding the Unreal wiki is the most help thats were i found the above function.

HTML Code:
    State BackHandSpring
    {

Begin:

// tell mesh to use Root Motion to translate the actor
          Mesh.RootMotionMode = RMM_Accel;

// Tell mesh to notify us when root motion will be applied,
          // so we can seamlessly transition from physics movement to animation movement
          Mesh.bRootMotionModeChangeNotify = TRUE;

FullBodyAnimSlot.PlayCustomAnim('BackHandspring',1.0, 0.1,0.1 , False, true );

FullBodyAnimSlot.SetRootBoneAxisOption (RBA_Translate, RBA_Translate, RBA_Translate);

FinishAnim(FullBodyAnimSlot.GetCustomAnimNodeSeq());

Gotostate('Acrobatics');

}

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mmm No know you make...But the Root is posible to use in everyone animation...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone know how to set up a node that I can use root motion with that will let me switch back to the normal anim tree when its not in use?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Using root animation on full body slot

Using root animation on full body slot

Is there a way to setup root motion on a slot node in the anim tree? If not is there an easy way to restructure the tree? Sorry, but I am a noob at using root motion.
Working...
X