Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Big city!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big city!!!

Hello, I am moderate in the use of UDK but I would need some help. I really need help making a city in UDK for my open world game but I am struggling. Any help in the creation of the city or ideas would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
    -UDKN00B

I'd say majority of consideration should be focused on LODs, including the leverage of Massive LOD. It takes time to fine-tune every asset to make use of all the gadgets Epic gave us, so it's no trivial task. Careful and considerate placement of objects also helps performance, good partitioning of map without sacrificing the needs of art direction is a wizardry of its own kind. Overall, as always - lots of work... Best of luck!
    (and I've only just scratched the surface here with my comments, so you better brace yourself. There's a reason why UE is mostly associated with arena-style online shooters.)

Comment

Thanks all the help is greatly appreciated!

-UDKN00B

Comment

Move to unreal 4, Biggest problem with big maps (and city) are shadows and lights, Unreal 4 is much better at it than udk. Also those blueprints are just made for simulating city.
        Unless you are well advanced into coding part.

Comment

Working...
        X