Archviz Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Looks great! Glad to see that you have got some good architectural skill!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Realtime babe!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That looks amazing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, guys!

Here is a video of this:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lux87 View Post
    Nice Job and thanks for sharing your settings! Can i ask how much time it takes to bake the ligthing?
    Thank you.

It takes about 40min for this specific scene and I'm using an i7 3770.
    The default Production Quality takes something around 15min.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good Job Man!!!
    looks realistic...
    Can you help me setting Lightmass....?
    {edit}.. ok yes, I figured it out...will see how far I can go.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Job and thanks for sharing your settings! Can i ask how much time it takes to bake the ligthing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    These are nice renders! just think a little brighter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darksly View Post
    Hello rabellogp! Really nice stuff you have here!
    I was wondering: how many lights do you have in your scene? Only one dominant directional?
    Thanks, darksly =)
    There is only one source of light. The way to achieve that result is:
    1) ultra high settings in Build Lighting by changing BaseLightmass.ini like I told before.
    2) add a PostProcessVolume inside the house so you can adjust image levels and compensate the darkness where the Dominant Directional doesn't light directly. It's a way to simulate eye adaptation like in real world =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tom Shannon View Post
    That's really great work! the lighting is really fantastic! I hope you'll be adding some more details, Maybe some interesting wall colors in a room to play with the bounced lighting
    Thanks, man. Unfortunately the bounced lightning doesn't work with dynamic materials... It will produce the lightmaps with the default color and ignore the information of the color that will be changed after the trigger. That's the limitation of static global illumination... =/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello rabellogp! Really nice stuff you have here!
    I was wondering: how many lights do you have in your scene? Only one dominant directional?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's really great work! the lighting is really fantastic! I hope you'll be adding some more details, Maybe some interesting wall colors in a room to play with the bounced lighting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by unreal_polyneutron View Post
    Amazing! How did you make those stairs cast both soft shadows and crisp dynamic shadows at the same time? Like soft ones from bounced light, and crisp ones - directly from sun? I mean, there's only one light source here, and it produces both direct and indirect lighting AND correct shadowing, than it's even more mind-blowing! *(2nd pic describes it best)

As far as I know, UDK doesn't allow objects to cast shadows from indirect lighting unless it's a fake indirect lighting made by placing additional light source
    Hello, my friend.

For my surprise, I discovered that if you set the light building quality very high, it can actually cast soft shadows by indirect light... You can see it here:

And when I say "very high" I mean to tweak the file UDK\UDKGame\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini because "production quality" setting is not good enough for that.

Just change the file like that:

Code:
    [DevOptions.StaticLightingProductionQuality]
    NumShadowRaysScale=8
    NumPenumbraShadowRaysScale=32
    ApproximateHighResTexelsPerMaxTransitionDistanceScale=6
    MinDistanceFieldUpsampleFactor=5
    NumHemisphereSamplesScale=64
    NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=24
    NumDirectPhotonsScale=128
    ; Decrease direct photon search distance so that we will have more accurate shadow transitions.  This requires a higher density of direct photons.
    DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.1
    NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=4
    ; Need a lot of indirect photons since we have increased the number of first bounce photons to use for final gathering with NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale
    NumIndirectPhotonsScale=16
    NumIndirectIrradiancePhotonsScale=2
    NumCausticPhotonsScale=1
    ; Decreasing the record radius results in more records, which increases quality
    RecordRadiusScaleScale=.1
    InterpolationMaxAngleScale=.5
    ; Decreasing the min record radius allows more records in corners for a higher quality result
    MinRecordRadiusScale=.25
    I changed the StaticLightingProductionQuality settings so every time I choose Production Quality in UDK it will use the tweaked settings. It will take much longer to bake but the quality is much better...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ho. it looks like just a photo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    **** nice! Even better than some of the Vray renders i've seen and this is real time. Good job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X