Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Draw - A psychotic project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw - A psychotic project

Hello people of the UDK community!
    Here is my work in progress. The project is called Drawn(at least for now).
    I'm trying to create a graphic novel, sorta. The main protagonist is Mathew and you get to know his life and the situation, he is in, through his dream.
    Here are some of the different styles of scenes, hope you like them. I will be updating (maybe not regularly) :

Some feedback, maybe?.! Possibly?! Suggestions?! Ideas..

Looks cool, let's see when it's playable, i want to see still how many UDK drawing capabalities there are with the post process chains.....

Comment

So it's Matthew in "Wonderland?" Then his room is pretty correct apart from clutter. But the wonderland of the mind... many things are possible

Comment

And people say that ms paint is not a pro,tool(lol joking in a good way )
        Things i recommend:
        -if you are using something like photoshop,make alpha planes/stencils with something like this to break the pattern in some places/walls.
        http://www.smashingmagazine.com/imag...brushes/26.jpg
        http://www.smashingmagazine.com/imag...ge-preview.jpg

-in udk there is a animated noise material.Open it,replace the noise texture with something like a cross hatching texture and include that animated material in your post process.It might give you even more drawn look.

Comment

Here's some more work.. As I said, I won't post updates regularly so sorry for the waiting.
          majic12: Thanks for the advice.. I'm implementing these techniques in my future projects.

Yes this is a psychotic project.. meaning that the protagonist is out of touch of reality.

Of course, it looks better in actual gameplay :/ (with the animations and morphs)

Any ideas? feedback?
          thanks for your support
          love, matjo!

Comment

Psychotic is original and the mapping / post process says that absolutely. I hope you expand the psychosis into the story of the game.

Comment

Ok to tell allittle about the story of this project:
              ...So yea basically Mathew (one "t" letter, yes) is the protagonist of the project. He is this really depressed person that developed psychosis (a mental illness that makes you loose contact with reality). Mathew is an introvert and has almost none friends. He has this small job, just enough to buy food and pay taxes and lives together with his mother in a small flat. He's rather alone... All this loneliness makes him have weirder and more controllable dreams in which he creates his own environment (as seen in the pictures)

Comment

The more you say the more possibilities, but game play I dunno - a story I guess. No need to explain it to us devs and give away your secrets. Interesting and original, excellent

Comment

Update!!
                  So I've decided to write a story for this project....
                  After I complete this project, I tend to upload it for free... and in hopes to gain some support for future projects

Comment

Working...
                  X