Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You got UDK and UE4 reversed.

"sorry man, UE4 posts are not welcome in the UDK forums so it's only fair that this forum is kept for UDK"

There, saved you a few seconds of editing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry man, UDK posts are not welcome in the UE4 forums so it's only fair that this forum is kept for UDK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new forums are here :-

https://forums.unrealengine.com/forum.php

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unreal 4 and 2D Fighters?

Unreal 4 and 2D Fighters?

I am starting a project using Unreal 4.

I want to create a 2D Fighting game demo similar to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Realistically the completed demo would just just be 2 characters and a background, (of course with the animations, and maybe one or two special moves etc.)

Looking through the new templates included in Unreal 4, I noticed a Sidescrolling Template.

I am not sure if this is the template that I should go with in my project and I am unsure about setting the camera up for a 2D (or I guyess it would be 2.5D) game etc. since there is not actually a fighting game template included.

I am not new to Unreal or UDK, but I am pretty fresh to Unreal 4 so I wanted to start this thread as I go through my project in regards to questions, suggestions etc.

I noticed that SF5 and both MKX (using a modified version of Unreal Engine) are using Unreal.

Does anyone have any experience using Unreal 4 to create a 2D Fighter?

Or can at least talk me through the process of getting my project started by posting here, sharing resources, etc.

Please be specific with me as possible so that I may learn.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Working...
X