Project: Deep Fear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: Deep Fear

Deep Fear is a throwback to classic survival horror games, such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark. This game utilizes new technology capable of replicating 90's game style mechanics and static-camera functionalities. I plan on capturing that nostalgic survival horror aesthetic fans have grown to love. Deep Fear is centered around an underwater research facility in a remote area of Antarctica where the only living things are you and its re-animated inhabitants. Deep Fear is in its early stages of development and currently contains several placeholder textures and 3D models.
    If there is anyone who would like to help with the project please don't hesitate to contact me @ taintedgames@ymail.com

Also don't forget to vote on Project Deep Fear in hopes to get the game on Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...text=deep+fear

It has that feeling but be very careful with the simplicity.If you decide to make the game folowing the rules of old playstation horror games the market will be limited.Some people that apreciate this feeling will like it but thanks to stupid reviewers form pages like ign and others(not everyone)they are obsessed with modern graphics and gameplay and coud ruin this with a few lines of review and turn people back.If you decide to target a widher audience try to add something new to the gameplay.Maybe even up a litle the lightning/atmosfere mood.I see that you are using the udk rig.If you decide to stick with this rig i strongly sugest to make new animations for it(idle,walk,run,aim,shoot)and update the anim three with them because using the unreal animations just gives it away.I sujest you look at the page mixamo where they use a automated rigging and animations and coud save you time.Havent used it but it looks good to me.(be careful of how you set the weights of the charater rig.Look at the hole below the sholder in 2.24).Try not to get influenced by cold fear and if this game is in Antarctica i think your player doesnt have enough clothes on
    If i wasnt struggling like crazy with my demo to find a job i would've defenetly join you since i like this kind of projects.I realy cant tell from the resolution of the video but are some of the scenes prerendered?
    I wish you good luck with all of my heart!

By the way.While searhing a moment ago for clock ticking sounds on youtube i saw a window with a horor game called deep fear for the sega saturn.Havent heard of it till now but it looks like it involves alines and playing under water in a submarine and probably a underwater research facility.Just in case i dont wont to sound stupid and talk about thing i dont know but if its new to you too better go and take a look and not to fall in a trap of making something very simple by accident.

Comment

I like the Idea of this game. I left comments on the page for the game. I like the type of games that you have to complete puzzles to find thing and finish levels. My favorite game is Dues-Ex. I like the survival concept. I used to teach survival skills, Both low tech and high tech survival skills as I like to label them. This is going to be a major part of the game I am trying to build. Like I said in other posts. I am learning UDK, But have built many levels with UT2004 editor. I would love to discuss these ideas with you. maybe brainstorm. Or maybe help construct stuff for your game. Whatever might work. Let me know what you think. Bob

Comment

I'm in need of help, I've been trying to get a team together. My skype is drew.owen_666 add me throw there. just let me know who you are and ill add you and we'll talk threw skype.

Comment

What are the enemies in this game ? Zombies ? ghosts? UDK material editor... particles and this can lok pretty good, also post processing effects.

Comment

The main focus for enemy's are Zombies, However there are plans to incorporate other types of creatures as well.

Comment

And don't forget Camera Animtions " Aka" camera shakes that, can be animated through matinee, just go on content browser new camera animation.

they can be called from script easily.

Comment

Neangho, I've been planing on working what you said out. once I have camera angles that i will keep.

Comment

And post processing effects, they make your game much complex and interesting.

Comment

This looks like a great project, you have captured the look quite well, love the snow effect!
                    Have you done all this work yourself?

My speciality is with audio and would love to create some sounds for something like this if you needed an audio team member?

http://maintunez.wix.com/mainproductions

Comment

I'v been getting alot of requests from people wanting to help build the project, so don't think i have forgotten about you guys. Up until this point i have been building this game by my self and there has been no need for a GDD. So what i would like to do is flush out my GDD so that i can better serve the people willing to help out. so to everyone give me a few weeks while i work out my GDD and we can get the ball rolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X