Wall disappearing UDK [Help]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you so much will try this and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Drag an LOS Trigger from the Content Browser -> Actor Classes to your level. Align the trigger opposite or away from the field of view of the Wall you want to hide. With the trigger still selected go into Kismet and right click and add a new LOS_Trigger event. In that event add a ToggleHidden or SetMaterial node to hide the wall. Some notes: This approach won't work so well if the level is huge and open plan or 'outdoors' etc. In that case you will have to explore ways of getting the rotation of the PlayerCamera, but this is involved, and works more reliably in UC versus kismet... BTW: You may get more replies if you repost in another forum as this is for WIP..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which is? had a quick search and cant find much helpful info that isn't arbitrary

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll get you started: investigate LOS Triggers and Trace...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Wall disappearing UDK [Help]

Wall disappearing UDK [Help]

Hello overbody

I am quite new to UDK and just getting used to it and was trying to find a way for a wall to disappear when a player isn't looking in that direction. Any help would be great but warning i am very new to this so little experience with kismet and unreal script so specifics would help.

thanks
Working...
X