Fragments Of The Broken Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks man, I appreciate you having a look at it. I'm glad it installed fine, that's a relief.
    As I said before, it has no content, just gameplay elements, all there is to look at now is just the coding and a few objects. My logic is: I could spend the next 2 months modeling and texturing objects and building the map but where would that leave me ? With a map and no code driving the gameplay. Working alone on this, I need to prioritise a lot so for some time the map will change only if it serves the new gameplay elements. I'm still considering what exactly I want the player to experience.
    You know, with today I've spent only roughly 280 hours on this. That's peanuts considering there are full indie teams out there with their games still not done since like 2011. :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe a fault on my download.second site worked fine.there are some good elements in the demo but I think you really need a map,it was hard for me to navigate,but im not a big fan of the isometric view except for company of heroes which I love.i really wanted to find one of your aircraft in the hope it was flyable.great work on the code and the environment is good but needs work,especially the terrain.i enjoyed what was there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gaz, I just downloaded the demo both from IndieDB and my site and it ran and installed absolutely fine. Not sure what's at play at your end. It's a normal 32-bit Nullsoft installer... Maybe your anti-virus claims there's a problem with it ? Remember IndieDB guys download and check the installation before it's authorized so if there was anything wrong with it, they wouldn't have let it go online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm that's strange. I kinda always took the upload process for granted if there were no errors... The .exe itself is locally tested, something got corrupted on upload I guess. Will look at it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    downloading from indiedb does not give a useable file.downloading from the second link now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it certainly is not the usual UDK style game.i especially liked the menus and hud.tomorrow is my sons birthday but I will trying the demo on Wednesday.good work,keep at it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Fragments Of The Broken Sky

Fragments Of The Broken Sky

Hi, this is a project I'm currently working on. For reasons deeply embedded in my mind I decided to break the mantra here and go with a completely non-UDK style.
    Currently roughly 250 hours in (mostly spent on research -> EPIC, your documentation isn't epic) I did everything on this game except the sound (actually now thinking about it I might have used an explosion decal from Epic here, will change soon).
    You can download a pre-alpha demo (http://www.indiedb.com/games/fragmen...the-broken-sky), showcasing game elements rather than any complete part of the game. Let me make the Lego blocks first, then I'll piece together a playable part of the game. Read gameplay instructions or even download game here: http://www.davekdesign.com/fragments/ (website is a mess as I need to prioritize my time). If you'd rather watch a video, I have 2 of them at IndieDB (play the second video first, that's the beginning).

Almost no Kismet used, I'm quite old school with this, so I coded it all.
    Bugs are there obviously, I haven't secured $30 million budget and 200 co-workers, so be gentle with me :-)

OK, enjoy if you enjoy, let me know what you think.

Dave
Working...
X