Zombies at boltons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    latest update shows some interactivity with machinery.use the drop forge to temporarily stun zombies-their mushy brains cant handle the loud noise-unless they are wearing ear defenders,that is.
    ive changed the hud again,the stuff in the top left is only temporary and will be moved to separate screen along with as many stats as I can.
    ive discovered the utmapmusicinfo and I think ive used it to good effect.music was from freesound I think,i will check the authors and post their names when I get time.
    ive solved all the bugs with the dismemberment code(I still need to tidy up the meshes) but some new ones have appeared in my weapon drop system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, sorry, I saw the Zombie Genesis video, but I see that animations in the other videos.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that's the anims you see in the vid dude,but thanks for the comment,and the links.

I took the mixamo anims and butchered them in max,added bits here and there.i suck at character anims so mixamo is a big big help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The game looks nice. For zombie animations there are some good mocap (and free to use, I think) here:

https://www.mixamo.com/editor/new/309

https://www.mixamo.com/editor/new/86

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool..Well i have tons of Sound fx and stuff ill be happy to give ya if you need em. Just tell me the exact Fx youre looking for. Battlefield is cool, you ever on COD or Left 4 Dead hit me up...gamertag Kid Kushhhhh...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the input KushMaticX.the footstep and grunt sounds will be replaced,but descent free sound effects are difficult to find.there has been a lot of changes since the last video was posted but ive been suckered in to battlefield 4 for the last few weeks and work on my game has been slow as a result.i put so much effort into getting dismemberment and fps arms working that I needed a break.the hud is changed and the map gone(although I liked the map it made it to easy)

what I have been doing lately is making a lot of the machinery interactive,i will post a new vid soon.

http://youtu.be/UlI1nHIxvSU?list=UUr...GSYNOY5MN9K7zg
    Zombie Genesis was an earlier project and Zombies at Boltons is a working title only.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work....My only thing is, what people forget when building a game is that the Main character is just that, the Main character. He should be taken care of first when it comes to Look and Feel. I would change the huds, change the sounds, i.e., footsteps and grunts, ya kno, little stuff....Darryl wit the crossbow, i like.....i also like the zombie up in the corner, im assuming that its a bodycount. If that were the case, i would call the game Zombie Genocide, or something like that...But keep up the good work...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmmm, I'm mercenary about employment and I mainly temp because I travel and I'm easily bored if there's no challenge. I respect that you loved your employment, it's a pity more employers can't respect that quality. But hey man you totally reinvented Boltons hehe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    couldn't help myself from posting another video.

dismemberment fully sorted,although there is a bug,which I thought I had overcome,but has shown up again.you can see it at just after 6 mins.very rarely,when dismemberment happens,the whole mesh will become invisible but the zombie is still active and will reappear randomly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks,though i cant take much credit for the layout.i have stuck rigidly to the real factory layout circa 1995.the factory is 90% demolished now and the company finally went into receivership this week.

heres the google image I used.oh and 13 years of memories.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the atmosphere of the map, especially its openness. It reminds me a bit of the STALKER games (a very good thing imo).
    The way that hitting zombies in different places has different effects is pretty cool, too (not only the dismemberment, but the animations and speed changes).

Keep at it, this looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah we Australians start feeling stunted and un-patriotic if we can't use extra adjectives.
    True in a game those small things make the difference but as usual they're the hardest. You're getting a handle on the code - me too it's weird I began understanding it. But I'd be lost without Epic's code base and help on the forums.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks Snipe,loving the use of the word shyte.
    ive tidied up the zombie mesh for dismemberment and now both arms and head are severable and looking good(no misaligned verts).i need to make a hopping anim and then I can tackle the legs.
    also got 1st person arms on my ak47 and sorted out reloading.my anims need work but once again,small things have transformed my game.
    ive refrained from posting another vid so soon but you can believe the next one will contain epic amounts of blood and shyte.

its amazing how a little interest from others gives you a nudge when you need it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dismemberment and 1p arms, nice achievements gaz. And spawning the bug, creepy little shyteXD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    first person arms and real dismemberment working,although still needs lots of tweaking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X