Zombies at boltons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Nice work Gaz!Few things.Is the crossbow using some unlit material?I just dont see it being affected by lights and shadows.Is the flashlight a attached spotlight or code?Looks good.
    I cant beleve how many people i see still in this forum who dont work in the industry but have so much talent and desire!And i beleve that each one of us will make it.Only the hardcore,stuborn and determinated are still here I wish you luck Gaz and dont stop building and improving your skills.From what i see you do have what it takes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, that's hard to believe, serious commitment, from the models to the gameplay, you've got excellent chops Gaz661...
    Even if you've got your hands full and aren't looking to do game design full-time, you could probably find lucrative consulting work...

The promotional part is horrible, especially as we're up against industrial-sized marketing machines and all the noise from the 'birds' / 'candy' clones...

Anyhow, good luck with this project and the next one...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks frankit,the dog-or cat as it was,was purchased from 3dfoin.
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...p-to-60-off-XD
    I had wanted dogs from the start,mostly as a companion,but I just suck at animating living stuff,so when I saw the cat I thought that's a brilliant start for me.took me a couple of weeks to modify the mesh and get it up and running in game.

the game is getting close to completion.ive reached the halfway point of the story,although I need to do lots more on the actual anims and interaction of the checkpoints,but I will leave that till ive finalised the story.

I do about an hour and a half per day on the game,im a blacksmith/welder/father to a 4 year old by trade,this is just a long term hobby.marketing is one point im sorely lacking in.

yes Snipe,you cant be the hero every time.once you spawn as a zombie a whole team is sent to take you out and you will gain points for time survived and soldiers killed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMG you become the undead!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That 9-second anim of the Infected Dog is ace! Overall the gameplay is looking pretty tight, especially when the zombies attack in pairs or packs. The Helo is a nice touch too. What's next, you must be getting fairly close to completion now, yes? Is this just a side interest or are you working in game dev full-time?

Leave a comment:

• replied

lots of weapon updates,lots of little tweaks and a new zombie dog.

zombie dogs.-1 .00
    longshot achievement.-1.44
    ak47 gets a laser sight.-2.20
    my old mini gun gets a huge code update.-7.40
    emplaced m60 huge mesh and code update.-11.20
    rescue infected dog.-14.20
    become undead-16.30

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no,i get it on all threads,maybe its in the profile somewhere but I certainly have done nothing to enable it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, still don't see it. I'm logged in and using Chrome. Maybe it works if you're the thread owner or subscribed....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still don't see it. I am logged in (using Chrome)...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just scroll to the bottom of the page.its shown there.and a list of names.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where is the thread viewing stat Gaz?

Was the fall off time based? Maybe the deserters will return over time...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Audiences are notoriously fickle

I'm envious of the success you're having with your work. I think you get too close and don't realize how much you've achieved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks snipe,done a lot of tweeking and frankit was right,i have removed the mutator from both modes and its more satisfying to use.also added a petrol function.the motor is running while equipped so it uses fuel and more when revved for action.
    struggling to get my chain mic to work though,im assigning a scaler parameter to the panner node,just like ive done with my tank treads,but its not working.its not to noticeable that the chain speed does not increase but ii would like it too.

on another note,finally got everything working in flash so the menus and achievements screen all update correctly.its amazing how putting in some achievements changes the way you play a game.

on yet another note,ive noticed that the number of members who have read this thread has dropped from 51 to 39 in the last couple of weeks.hows that happening?
    I know almost everyone has gone to ue4 but surely that wont unregister them from these forums.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woohoo, chainy

And flying intestines very nice work Gaz!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks frankit.

1.yeah,ive used the kills slow time mutator code in my chainsaw code to slow things when a zombie goes pop.i think it works for the horizontal chop when the bodies gib but I may take it off the vertical chop when the zombie splits in half.i should mention ive only spent around 6 hours on the chainsaw so far and more needs to be done.

2.despite a background in music I don't spend enough time on the audio side of things.i need to do more.

3.zombies are still very much in development.this rig was hastily chopped whilst I was getting the dismemberment working and will be much improved.ive been working with morphs too,but im not there yet.

the green marker is the waypoint that gets the player to where I want them.this level is a training level to get the player used to the weapons and other things.i used this to show the chainsaw because it gets to the action quicker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X