Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonic The Hedgehog: Incursion (SonicGDK project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic The Hedgehog: Incursion (SonicGDK project)

Hi all. I started learning about UDK last January, and in September, I decided to work on a fangame. It is all still a learning process, but I'm very proud of what I've been able to acheive so far.

Sonic The Hedgehog: Incursion is a 2.5D fangame, using the Sonic GDK codebase developed by Xaklse for use in UDK. There are 2 Acts per zone, with each having a third act that slightly deviates from normal gameplay. For example - the third act of the first zone is similar to Sky Chase Zone from Sonic 2. However, the third act of the second zone is a small exploration puzzle. Right now, I have the first and second zones fully playable, with the third and fourth under way. I admit I am not quite ready to fully reveal the project, but I would like some feedback on what I already have. As someone who is still relatively new to this, it all helps! So, here are a couple of videos depicting the gameplay. The decoration is still ongoing, and like I said, it is heavily WIP.

Second video, as only one is permitted per post.

Comment

Thats pretty impressive work there. Will there be more challenges/obstacles to make it difficult to progress through each level? ATM it seems like its just running. Admittedly I haven't played a sonic game in so long, but something similar to Mario where you have enemies? Keep up the good work though.

Comment

Very bad idea. You may come in big trouble if you release this. However, nice work.

Comment

Can you please tell me why? Sega has had absolutely no problem with Sonic fangames, and modifications of the original Megadrive games are everywhere. I obviously don't plan to sell it when I finish it, it's strictly non-profit.

I'm glad you like it though! There will be better enemies in time, and there are bosses at the end of every 2nd act.

Comment

Because they still own the copyright. It would be good to e-mail them for permission.

Comment

Hmm I was under the impression you did obtain permission. He is right, you are going to want to check with Sega before proceeding.

Comment

Working...
              X