Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[images + demo] Dungeon Game (RPG CORE)

Hi guys,

After a year of hard work I'm here to show my current work and receive some feedback from you.

We are a group of 2 people creating a game core, not a game itself, but a RPG core. All basic features of a RPG game (diablo-style). We are doing this as a learning process, and as a first step for creating a RPG game in te future).

I'm looking for feedback regarding UDK: What would you do to obtain a better result from the point of view of UDK, graphics, effects, etc.
    Not looking for bug reports, or game-specific improvements. This is not an actual game, but a RPG "core". The map, the pawns, skills, animations, effects, UI do not follow a art or storyline. We didn´t spend time thinking about a game, but focusing ourselves into learning UDK and learning game development.

All coding, assets, animations, effects, were all made by us. Music was provided by a guy that created the music for us, and sounds are all placeholders (we didn´t come into sound yet).

Link to current game build (300MB) : https://mega.co.nz/#!q5YBHJJT!lp58u1...OyVzBbh6h9uhoI

In this forum are all kind of experts:

* Modeling.
    * Animations, Animation blending.
    * Texturing.
    * Level desigining - lighting - Postprocessing.
    * Ways of handling game mechanics.
    * UI - Scaleform
    * Particle Effects
    * All this kind of feedback that is "development specific" using UDK.

Thanks in advance for your time and feedback!

Here are the images:

Main Menu:

Character creation screen:

Multiplayer - Join game screen:
    http://puu.sh/6XgiZ.jpg[/IMG]

Game:

Game windows: Character Info - Inventory - Skills

Some monsters:

Fire Ring skill:

More images in the next post.

Melee skill:

Game

Stat points allocation:

Dying:

Opening chests (interactuable objects)

Destructible objects

Comment

Looks very nice, i'm currently playing around with adding and editing HUDS so i can appreciate what i see here.
      How does the changes in the ability sheet work, is it all handled through actionscript i presume?.

Comment

Hi Rhaz,

Pretty much all logic in HUD is handled in UnrealScript. I use Flash and actionscript only for basic widget functionality, but all UI game logic is handled in UnrealScript.

Comment

I like this game , you improved the lighting and colours nicely Are these League of Legends potion icons ? ^^

Comment

Thanks. All game icons are placeholders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW! This is absolutely amazing! Great works guys!

Comment

Looks Great!

Nice Mesh work.

Live Long and UDK... V

Comment

LordNelson7, Shywalker,

Thank you! Glad you like it! We are currently working on a new build. Game menu level was totally revamped, and we defined the post-process for the game, which makes it looks much better now.
                  At this time, we are working on improving enemies AI, and adding special skills to them. And we are adding sound to the game aswell. Hope we can have all this "demo" finished by the end of April!

I will keep you guys updated!
                  Gaston

Comment

For some reason The Pointer is not on the top layer of your menu.

You might want to check flash to ensure it's on the top layer.

The game loads but I can't play because I can't create a character.

Comment

Originally posted by Shywalker View Post
                      For some reason The Pointer is not on the top layer of your menu.

You might want to check flash to ensure it's on the top layer.

The game loads but I can't play because I can't create a character.
                      Hi,

The pointer issue has been fixed in a newer build.
                      Regarding creating a character, the only requeriment is to have a character name. If you entered a name and the button didn't work, then there is a reported bug that the "save" file is trying to save in a place that has no permissions. I have to fix that. Try installing the game in another location. I have it installed in a D:/ drive.

Here you have a newer build, the menu has totally revamped, among other things.

https://mega.co.nz/#!GkIVzD7b!He79Q8...y7vKOmDEdslsRg

Thanks!

Comment

Downloaded and had a go at it.

The Menus work fine now but I am having some hangups with the Navigation.

Player seems to get lost at times and goes in an unexpected direction.

Some items can't be picked up because they go through an actor and are covered but the hud still displays.

Overall the Graphics look good and my cpu seems normal. Just some bugs here and there.

For just the two of you I think you're doing great!

Keep up the hard work and I'll play with it some more.

Comment

Downloaded and had a go at it.

The Menus work fine now but I am having some hangups with the Navigation.

Player seems to get lost at times and goes in an unexpected direction.

Some items can't be picked up because they go through an actor and are covered but the hud still displays.

Overall the Graphics look good and my cpu seems normal. Just some bugs here and there.

For just the two of you I think you're doing great!

Keep up the hard work and I'll play with it some more.
                          Hey, thanks for your feedback!

1) What kind of hangups are you having in navigation?
                          2) Regarding player getting lost, there are some pathfinding issues in the map related to pylons and staticmeshes, we have corrected these in current dev environment (we don't have a build yet). Are you referring to this? Or what specifically?
                          3) We still have problems with some items, when you crash some barrels or boxes, items drops behind the chunks, and you can't pick them up until chunks dissapear (and other stuff related to this).

Thanks again for your feedback. We will feed you with the new build when its ready

Comment

I was referring to #2.

Another little item is the Scrolling Zoom. You need to limit it to a distance from the character and what I mean by that is when I zoom in I can zoom to what seems infinity.

Looking forward to your next Build.

Added Note:

I also see the barrel animation fire off before I actually start swinging for a strike. Click Mouse; Barrel Destroyed; Item Displays; Sword swings.

Comment

I was referring to #2.

Another little item is the Scrolling Zoom. You need to limit it to a distance from the character and what I mean by that is when I zoom in I can zoom to what seems infinity.

Looking forward to your next Build.

Added Note:

I also see the barrel animation fire off before I actually start swinging for a strike. Click Mouse; Barrel Destroyed; Item Displays; Sword swings.
                              Good. Regarding Zoom feature, it will be removed. Camera distance will be fixed with no zooming capabilities. It is currently enabled for developing purposes. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X