Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on The Chosen Cinematic Trailer

Hello.

This is a trailer created by me and my brother for a game we are developing called "The Chosen". This will be the first part of the Indiegogo pitch video.
    It took us a little over a month and around 800$ to make this trailer.
    So far we have received positive feedback but we need some impartial opinions too. So please leave a comment.

PS: Short gameplay video coming soon.

Over 50 views and not a single reply. It;s either really good or really bad...

Comment

dude,thats REALLY good.its a well put together trailer,if maybe just a little slow at the end.characters are top notch and the environment good.how did you spend the money,did you buy the assets?

Comment

Thank you.
        One of the goals of the project will be to use as much pre-made 3D content as possible while still keeping the quality high. The trailer is sort of like the proof-of-concept.

Comment

keep it up.youve both got obvious skills which can only get better.

Comment

if like me, someone else ignores the fact that the word MMORPG is used in a post around here (I won't even give my opinion on the crowdfunding part), they'd discover there's some nice visual quality in this video, specially for a 2-man team in the span of one month.

here's my opinion/crits:
            the video starts with this orange text. change the Font to something more interesting. using Times New Roman is just crappy.
            then from 0:20 and until 1:33, everything in this "indoor spaceship" theme is top notch.
            but after that, the open space scenes look lacking and pale in comparison. first off, the lighting doesn't seem to match an outer space scenario, and the background starfield seems flat and boring.
            then you reach 2:04, with this white-blue vortex with sub-par quality, some static lasers flavored with some uninspired flares/glows, and again, some pretty flat and unmatching lighting for the whole scenario. do a Google Image Search for EVE online and you'll see the difference.
            lastly, at 2:40 things don't seem to add up. there's a really bright starfield with nebulae (completely different from the previous ones), and a whole array of elements to fill up the screen: a character by a window, 2 moving starships, 2 planets, a sun/lensflare, and the logo - a completely cluttered outro that IMO doesn't match the cleanness and elegance of the "indoor spaceship" part.

overall it's some good work, but IMO the parts with the lesser quality are bringing down the great ones.

Comment

I am very familiar with EVE online. I'll take a look and see if there is anything in those areas I can improve, but it's not likely on our remaining budget of 50$.

Comment

Slick-looking visuals, you did a great job on that! Since this is an MMO my only advice would be to get all the core game mechanics and online portion functioning first and worry about a pretty trailer later. Trust me on this, you don't want to start crowd-funding first and find out later that you are limited by your skillset or the engine.

Comment

Good job! In my opinion just one thing doesnt fit into the trailer -> 2:04 the galaxy looks pretty bad, I would recommend you to either cut this part out of the video, or replace it with some other stuff e.g you could add some stars, a better picture of a galaxy, probably also a galaxy in 3d,...... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR97vSbESj4)

Comment

That is not a Galaxy. It's a black hole.
                    Is this better:

Comment

Oh, that's a black hole Yep, in my opinion it looks better

Comment

Hows this:

Comment

I'd like to make something clear:
                          Our goal is to create an open-world RPG the likes of which have never been seen before.
                          When people hear MMORPG they think of low poly characters and games like WoW. We want to change that. We will NOT create a click-to-move game.
                          Our game will incorporate many different game-play styles from first and third person ground combat to space flight and strategy.

I would also like to thank you for all your advice and comments, and after doing some more research on the matter we will most likely not be using UDK as there are other engines much more suited for online gaming.

Comment

oh well,best of luck to you both.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreiSalamon View Post
                              after doing some more research on the matter we will most likely not be using UDK as there are other engines much more suited for online gaming.
                              You have saved yourself months and years of pain and frustration. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X