• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom 2 Remake WIP !

So this is what i'v got so far !

This is the project's page in IndieDB :
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/na21643

Btw im working on an other project with an other guy, and we are recruiting anyone who want to take a part in the project :
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/udk-doom ( Doom 1 Remake )

What, no doom fans ? :S

Comment

The doom 2 remake still needs some work, but the udk-doom starts to looks great.
      A quick observation, I think you should 'downgrade' the explosion detail in order to match the rest.

But I have a question: since the levels (at least as seen in video in doom 1) are similar to the real doom, did you have to ask id's permission?
      I'm asking this because I'm also planning doing a remake of some old game.

Comment

Woah, haven't seen that!
        Yep, of course there are doom fans around here So I really like your project. Although Iam not completely satisfied with the graphics style. It is too glossy and seems too much to be made of plastics and rubber everywhere. You should think again about your choice of materials and lighting setups But maybe it's not fair to judge in this early stage of progress. I hope that you keep us up to date with new material

Comment

Thanks for your comments
          I did asked for permission from idsoftware by mail, facebook page and maybe somewhere else but got no answer, i take your advice Hackmet about the graphics style, i take it you mean it supposed to look more realistic? personally i myself like the big explosions style but i admit I'm a little bit childish ( Im 27 so i guess this is probably never gonna pass XD )

Comment

haha,good use of the gibs.loved doom,loved doom 2.i hope you can see this through.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz661 View Post
              haha,good use of the gibs.loved doom,loved doom 2.i hope you can see this through.
              Yep ! it adds a lot, Thanks again for helping me make it happen

Comment

hey, how are you making the remake of doom without paying the copyright holders ? I'm asking this because i also wanted to make a remake of a NES game

Comment

Originally posted by Aviral32 View Post
                  hey, how are you making the remake of doom without paying the copyright holders ? I'm asking this because i also wanted to make a remake of a NES game
                  I did asked for permission from idsoftware by mail, facebook page and maybe somewhere else but got no answer .
                  So i just keep on going :O

Comment

Great idea i would love to play some doom again with all shading and lightning from udk.
                    However you need to create/develop some cool artstyle/effect. Maybe hires textures with old geometry.
                    Maybe fake "pixelated textures" (hi res in real but with fake pixels) just kind of like minecraft is pixelated 3d.

Personally i would go for hi res hard surface textures mix with old geometry. Recreate old textures with new tools.
                    And all enemies must be 3d but still rotating bodies when dead

PS. for fast making textures look into Substance Designer. Helps a lot.
                    For such doom project all you need to do is hi poly models of walls, ie. model screws and trims from old doom texture, and render new one with type of metal you want.
                    Good textures would make wonders to your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Sahkan View Post
                      I did asked for permission from idsoftware by mail, facebook page and maybe somewhere else but got no answer .
                      So i just keep on going :O
                      No answer does NOT equal yes, fyi.... I'd be careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X