X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, gaz

Comment

Hi Kelt'ar

I'm still following SL1. Since you haven't released SL1, have you considered consolidating the new features and models into the SL1? First and 3rd Perspective can be easily integrated together. Your character models are looking good man, are you using the modular approach? I like the story on SL1, however you stated in SL2 will make more sense and have better gameplay. Can you elaborate on those?

Comment

@ Techlord

I was afraid someone was going to say that...Ill think about it...If you can get this guy to hop on the team (he's gonna say no by the way), and a good mapper, I'll do it in a jiffy.
        2. No, I am not using the modular approach. I will look into it though.
        3. SL1 was made on the fly...I didnt have a story planned out before I started working. The story is expressed through messages and dialogue heared by the player, and because the character dialogue was planned as I made each map, the story feels rushed, hacky and incomplete...SL2 is going to attempt to strenghten and elaborate the story and give further background information to the player.
        -Gameplaywise, I am planning to make the maps more visually appealing and manouverable, and specifically designed for A VIDEO GAME (caps because my levels in SL1 are more like movie sets, than video game levels.

Comment

EGB Troopers

The Soldier class of the Earth Governing Body

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
            @ Techlord

I was afraid someone was going to say that...Ill think about it...If you can get this guy to hop on the team (he's gonna say no by the way), and a good mapper, I'll do it in a jiffy.
            2. No, I am not using the modular approach. I will look into it though.
            3. SL1 was made on the fly...I didnt have a story planned out before I started working. The story is expressed through messages and dialogue heared by the player, and because the character dialogue was planned as I made each map, the story feels rushed, hacky and incomplete...SL2 is going to attempt to strenghten and elaborate the story and give further background information to the player.
            -Gameplaywise, I am planning to make the maps more visually appealing and manouverable, and specifically designed for A VIDEO GAME (caps because my levels in SL1 are more like movie sets, than video game levels.
            theflamingskunk was very generous in providing documentation on his AI implementation Recruits AI: Dynamic Combat Tactics. Any programmer should be able to read and implement this AI. I can easily see this implementation expanding on the UTBot code base, although it may require some custom pathfinding. I'm a web and game programmer and I've scripted weapon AI, procedural dungeon generation algos, networking and user interfaces. Although, I cannot guarantee full-time commitment, I would like to offer some assistance in the SL Universe.

I've been working on DARKNADO (formerly Project Fujita) to strengthen my knowledge of UnrealScript and UnrealEd. This starter project was to prep me for my Primary Project: Arcade Komodo Soft Console. I've tried jumping into UDK and immediately working on my dream RPG at the time. That failed and wasn't an effective way to learn UDK. Earlier in DARKNADO, we had formed a small team, unfortunately the team sorta fizzled out. I've continued working on the DARKNADO and have tasked myself to learn asset creation skills: 3D modeling/animation and level building. This is the greatest deficit for me in game development.

Learning to create 3D assets has been more enjoyable then I expected and has significantly re-enforced my desire to pursue modular entity construction. In fact, I'm launching a campaign to develop UMECHS into a viable open-specification for assembling characters/faces, armor, complex and simple weapons, vehicles, machines, architecture, structures, furniture, trees. The merits of the modular approach are numerous, but, I'll sum them up in one word: flexibility.

Short of saying its a game about a movie being made about a space exploration, SL1 Movie Sets sorta gives it own style. This may be the result of greater emphasis on Storytelling, then playing a game. Which you could essentially tell the whole Story in UDK Matinee without any interactivity. I believe that's how its done commercially for linear storytelling. They tell the story first, than break the story sequences with interactive sequences. This allows Combat and other mechanics can be compartmentalized and worked on separately.

Pursuing traditional map making will provide greater versatility. I found World of Level Design to be a great source for tutorials on levels building. In DARKNADO, it was desired that architecture be modular and destructible, this presents a unique set of problems with no readily available solutions. I've you're considering Architectural damage, this can influence the overall design for performance reasons.

Comment

PS: Any multiplayer?

Comment

If I find someone that knows how to do that, then yes.

Comment

btw thanks for that offer and post. Any help will be greatly appreciated...You are right that documentation presented by the flaming skunk is useful...unfortunately I do not have the skills to implement it.

Comment

I have the skills to implement the AI. I need to know all of the requirements and what you currently have available. From the description of the new direction SL is going in, most UTGame codebase could be used. I can put together a list of questions we can ask ourselves to help identify the requirements. I highly recommend adding source control at this juncture, if you're building a team.

Comment

Thanks, Techlord. If you'd like to five me your contact information, I will be delighted to gie you all the detail.

Comment

Thanks, I will shoot you an email.

Comment

First Weapon:
                          The shockbow

Comment

AI Research

Relocated AI Discussion to prevent convolution to this thread.

Comment

Thanks for the input work techlord

Comment

Hey,im searching everywhere for how to make a working bow,and i saw you have a crossbow model there,dont you?Do you have any information on how it can be done or the crossbow wont have projectile drop and stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X