• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you for the link and the answer, I'll keep my eyes on your project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TBGleNolife View Post
    Any news ? Your project sounds so great !
    I actually just began working on this project acouple days ago. So things are early.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...k-robbing-game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will be posting screenshots of the map designs very soon. I guess I should post a link to the UE4 forum since i'm now using UE4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news ? Your project sounds so great !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by alvarofer0021 View Post
    a game IS a game, it could have the world best details as well graphical style but if the gameplay is poor then it wont work at all, sure having a nice environment is definitly good but saying your game is mix of X and X is in other words a lazy / lame way of announcing your game, you need to explain what makes it stand away from all the other games that alredy exists ( in the gameplay area as well the rest of the aspects )
    Homeland is a third person action-adventure open world game based on a fictional D.C.
    The story is based on a gang/narcotic unit cop who stumbled upon a plot to kill the president during a routine drug bust.
    As he raises through the ranks, first becoming an investigator to being brought on board with the Bureau as a special agent.
    He has to go completely undercover and become a ghost in other to infiltrate the criminal underworld to identify and neutralize the threat.
    That's more or less the foundation of the story. But will be well developed and have a-lot of emotional tone and character development to it than other games.

Everything else, the heart pounding action, the bank heists, high-speed chases, jewelry heists, drug busts, robberies, hostage situations, terror, hold ups, undercover ops, investigative work, case files, search & arrest warrants, and protection detail all happen in Homeland.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a game IS a game, it could have the world best details as well graphical style but if the gameplay is poor then it wont work at all, sure having a nice environment is definitly good but saying your game is mix of X and X is in other words a lazy / lame way of announcing your game, you need to explain what makes it stand away from all the other games that alredy exists ( in the gameplay area as well the rest of the aspects )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More detailed screens will be a good.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Homeland - A Watch Dog/Payday Heist like game

Homeland - A Watch Dog/Payday Heist like game

Today I set out my journey to create a game similar to games like watchdog and Payday heist.
    I have always wanted to create a game with AAA like graphics on a tiny to non-existing budget
    The reason i mention watchdog is the graphics and the use of the tint colors. I don't like the look of GTA V that much.
    I also mention payday because its not an open world game. Just a game with closed maps.
    Now envolving into an open world game is another matter of the future.

I need to set a groundwork before taking it to the next level.
    I am a software engineer who specilize in c# programming and web developing.
    I have no prior experience with 3D Modeling or Game engines.

Today marks the start of this project. I'm scouring through books and tutorials on UDK.
    Plus deciding between maya and 3d max.
    If anyone know a DVD tutorial that can be of help, please don't hesitate to post.

My project have different phases to it.
    There is no focus on character or gameplay.
    Right now I'm dealing strickly on environment.
    That is the most important aspect of any game.
    When you play GTA V, what you see first that wows you is the graphic.
    Way before you even play the game.
    You are judged by the graphics of your environment.
    I will bleed till I'm able to come up with environments with graphics up par to what you see in the game Watch-Dog.
    First of all, I will start by creating the interior of a Jewelry Store.
    Here are a few concepts I'm looking to create in UDK.

I will be updating this thread daily/weekly with my progress and ss.

Working...
X