Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Legends Of Drakan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legends Of Drakan

Hey fellows!

12 Weeks ago I began to work on this game.
    Or to be exact, I began work on a trailer which would be the major part of my graduation project.
    Within these weeks I created all assets, animations and programming.
    Lots of shaders and particles were created in co-work with my brother who's also getting into UDK.
    With time as strongest enemy I had to go without alot gameplay, fighting etc.
    English subtitles in video info!

---
    Things I'm currently working on:
    • Mostly redone weapon system allowing 1 or 2 swords, shields, bows and magics.
    • Better flight system
    • regional & dynamic time of day plus weather system (paused for now, I'm going to port everything over to UDK4 later which will allow different approaches)

Done functionality highligths:
    • Modular structure allowing Mods, Add-Ons, DLCs
    • Modular pawn (possibility to use various armor parts etc)
    • Ridable pawn (Dragon and to be done ridable pawns are no vehicles but independent "real" pawns

---
    We want to go pro/*commercial* with this some day, but that's a long way to go.
    However we'll soon begin looking for more team members.

Note regarding "Drakan". Sooner or later I'll see if I can reach an license agreement.
    If not we'd need to go without Drakan. But as most gameplay and locations are independent to it, it would be a certain loss but not devastating.

---
    Ok, final words:
    *everything* you've seen is work in progress. I have lots of corrections and reworking to do with almost all shaders, meshes and textures.
    But with very limited resources I have to set priorities and so next step is focusing on gameplay, combat, basic enemies.
    And now it's up to you to tell me if you love or hate it

It looks really cool. Keep up the great work

Comment

Thanks! (yay I'm now going to ccelebrate my 100th post! )

Comment

Ok Cool Project, I Loved Drakan and also started to build up one prototype as well. So i'll really keep up an eye on this. (http://drakan.synoptic-entertainment.com/) <-- Drakan Main menu reworked

Wie ich vom Trailer schließe, seit ihr deutsch.

Würdet ihr noch Shader/Programmierer suchen?

Beziehungsweise würdet ihr euer Team überhaupt jetzt schon vergrößern wollen?

Comment

Dude that's a gorgeous menu!
          Jep we're both Germans. English speaking guys, don't worry, we won't talk relevant or interesting stuff without letting you know...
          ---

Ein nächtliches Moin aus Hamburg!
          Nun wir werden unser 'Team' auf jeden Fall vergrößern, denn bis jetzt stammt das alles von mir und plus ein bisschen was von meinem Bruder, der auch gerade das UDK erlernt.
          Ist in den letzten 3 Monaten als Abschlussarbeit zum Kommunikationsdesigner entstanden. Wieso ich als Komm.Designer sowas mache, ist ne andere Geschichte
          Edit: Oh, nach nem Blick auf die Website seid ihr ja viel mehr als... ich.

Es ist noch zu früh, einzelne Bereiche unter mehreren Leuten aufzuteilen.
          Aber ganze Bereiche wie Character Design, Environment Design, Scripting, UI, Musik und vlt. Website/Wiki Management aufzuteilen muss ziemlich bald geschehen.
          Denn ich mach das alles zwar wirklich gerne, aber zur Realisierung sollte das alles doch parallelisiert werden.
          Früher oder später wird das Projekt wohl auch Richtung Kickstarter o.Ä. gehen. Aber nun steht es ja noch ganz am Anfang. Erstes Ziel: Grundlegende Funktionalität, Feedback.
          Aber über Details unterhalten wir uns am besten mal im Chat... Ich adde dich mal bei MSN, und dann schreiben wir mal morgen oder so!

Nun muss ich erstmal aufräumen. Wir benutzen zwar Perforce aber... selbst damit sammeln sich über die Zeit doch unnützer Code, veraltete Assets und "Sachen die man mal korrigieren müsste".
          Hast du Ahnung von Scaleform/AS3? Dass ich mit ActionScript gearbeitet habe ist einige Zeit her. Edit: Ok, Blick auf die Site, du hast!
          In dem Bereich könnte man sofort beginnen, so schön separiert wie es vom Rest des Codes ist.

P.S.: Die Stimmung der Hauptmenü-Kristalle erscheint mir falsch...^^

Gruß in den Süden
          Jannik

Comment

Outstanding ! i like the fog set up you did , trees are also really cool : ), can't wait to see the fighting system functionality and all

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
              Outstanding ! i like the fog set up you did , trees are also really cool : ), can't wait to see the fighting system functionality and all
              Thanks! Jep I'm also excited about how the combat system will work out!

Comment

Hey man I'm a student developer and I'm blown away by this!
                It's crazy how you managed to achieve so much madness in a few weeks!!
                Good luck and hope it works out!

Comment

Working...
                X