Operation 2000 (Work In Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation 2000 (Work In Progress)

Operation 2000 is a sci-fi First Person Shooter multiplayer game that took place in the 24th century. The game maps are large and it includes various types of vehicles scatred around the map. The game will have different types of gamemodes. Examples are Team Deathmatch, Defender, Conquer, etc. The game will be focused on fast paced. Players will be given a variety types of weapons. These weapons have different specialities. Players have to choose the right weapons. If they are more on fast paced, then the SMG is the best option for them. Players can player online multiplayer with the world, or play instant action with bots with the same feature as Multiplayer

There will be a variety of weapons in the game. And currently, I planned to have 11 Weapons. But after the game development is going well, I am planning to add more guns to the game.

Any suggestions? Please do leave some suggestions for the project.

thanks

Comment

Do you want the ruthless, thorough approach, or the nice, but probably not what you need approach?

Comment

A short note: Adjust the origin of the first weapon, because in my opinion it points at the sky and not at the target

e.g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJvTaGugxE
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxIJ7...936YGeh-CAacvC

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
          Do you want the ruthless, thorough approach, or the nice, but probably not what you need approach?
          Ruthless. That is the most helpful one

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
            A short note: Adjust the origin of the first weapon, because in my opinion it points at the sky and not at the target

e.g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJvTaGugxE
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxIJ7...936YGeh-CAacvC
            Thanks for reminding me! Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Hephaesus View Post
              Ruthless. That is the most helpful one

Oh, you removed the video. I'll comment of what I can remember then.

First off, the level. What you have created is merely a block-out or a layout, it's not a complete level. You need to imagine your game's world, how would a level like that occur in that world, and what would it look like to be natural? We got beyond endless, flat bsp walls with seamless textures in the 90s. Look at how other deathmatch type games make their levels.

Are those weapons supposed to be finished? Your textures are repeating images of weapons.
              As far as I could see it would appear that you do not really have modeling and texturing experience (at least as far as you have shown). You cannot make an entire game by yourself without those abilities. At least nothing that people would be interested in.
              You might want to look into how to create your content before actually creating them.

I think it's also a bit early to be showing off. Other than the weapons which are basically just untextured blocks, you don't really have anything to show. Everything else are just UDK defaults, and the level blockout which is just a generic, simple labyrinth. Which make it difficult to critize.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                Oh, you removed the video. I'll comment of what I can remember then.

First off, the level. What you have created is merely a block-out or a layout, it's not a complete level. You need to imagine your game's world, how would a level like that occur in that world, and what would it look like to be natural? We got beyond endless, flat bsp walls with seamless textures in the 90s. Look at how other deathmatch type games make their levels.

Are those weapons supposed to be finished? Your textures are repeating images of weapons.
                As far as I could see it would appear that you do not really have modeling and texturing experience (at least as far as you have shown). You cannot make an entire game by yourself without those abilities. At least nothing that people would be interested in.
                You might want to look into how to create your content before actually creating them.

I think it's also a bit early to be showing off. Other than the weapons which are basically just untextured blocks, you don't really have anything to show. Everything else are just UDK defaults, and the level blockout which is just a generic, simple labyrinth. Which make it difficult to critize.

Hi,

thanks. That is really helpful for me. I'll see what I can do and upload more new videos.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                X