Shoot 'Em Up Prototype "Grazer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot 'Em Up Prototype "Grazer"

Hey all, I figured I might as well show off the project that has me asking all those silly questions in the development forums, there aren't many shoot 'em ups on the UDK scene so this could be of some interest.
    Prepare for an assault of deadly flying Mantas, Shock Rifles and other default UDK assets.

The mechanics are a bit complicated but suffice to say you get a brief unbreakable shield from grazing bullets and shooting enemies, that's why the ship appears almost unstoppable at times.

Some UDK features used here:
    - Matinee camera movement
    - Render to texture (background)
    - Material editor parameters (RTT background distortion/opacity)
    - Scaleform user interface
    - Quite heavy use of UnrealScript to create this game type

Even though the game's backbone is practically complete, work is only just beginning on this game. It will need its own assets, menus and a lot more than one stage, probably a year or so of work!

Hi coix, I like it! Good ole fashion Arcade Action. Will it have Mulitplayer? You're right not many shooters on the UDK scene. Have you considered a contributing a Shooter Starter Kit UDK Gem?

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
      Hi coix, I like it! Good ole fashion Arcade Action. Will it have Mulitplayer? You're right not many shooters on the UDK scene. Have you considered a contributing a Shooter Starter Kit UDK Gem?
      Thanks! It's being written to support offline multiplayer right now, online might happen since it's in demand but it seems like it might be difficult with so many game objects to send over the net.
      That's very flattering about writing a UDK gem, they are very professional and my coding is so messy, could go for it when I become a bit more pro.

Comment

Working...
      X