Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highland Wars - A Team Based Multiplayer Game

Hello Everyone!

We're excited to show you our latest project Highland Wars, which we're developing for PC with UDK. We've just finished our first title, Gloomy Hollow (which will be soon released on iOS devices by Chillingo), so we've worked on Highland Wars couple of months now.

Here's a short video demonstrating a part of the game:

Each of us have a long background on game development in many different Finnish game companies so collectively we have a dozen of released titles (for example I worked as an artist at Frozenbyte on the first Trine that was released on PC and PS3).

Since we're a small indie studio, we decided to make the whole development process fully transparent so feel free to comment, criticize and ask what ever you have on your mind (hopefully related to the game ).

We'll be updating our development blog and forums regularly (http://www.highlandwars.com & http://forum.highlandwars.com) and keep posting videos, technical information etc. in them so be sure to check them out too! We're also going to open the pre-sales Humble Store shortly and plan to make the first closed release in the following months. We really hope to get the community involved in the creation of Highland Wars so please join in the discussion and help us making the game better with your ideas and comments.

Cheers,
    Matti

CEO
    Skyrock Games

Shouldn't of hurt the trees man!!!
    i actually really like the look of this game, props on the game ill be keeping a keen eye on it!

Comment

Like it!
      Interesting genre mix,
      visual style and also the music you posted on your development blog are cool!
      Good luck!

Comment

ahahhahahaah this looks amazing!

Comment

Looks amazing

Comment

Thanks! We appreciate your feedback!

Comment

Are you in need of a level designer?

Comment

i just want to let you know i've watched this video 3 times now and i just think the sample you've given and the art in the game is amazing..

Comment

Originally posted by bobtheturtle View Post
                  Are you in need of a level designer?
                  Right now, no. Sorry.

While we would like to have more people working on the project, our budget is tight and can barely allow us to work on this full time.

I personally would love to find a way for the game development enthusiasts and hobbyists to participate in the development of Highland Wars somehow, but that’s a thing we’ll need to plan and think more. Until then, your ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

Originally posted by RefleKt View Post
                  i just want to let you know i've watched this video 3 times now and i just think the sample you've given and the art in the game is amazing..
                  Cool. Love to hear that!

I can't wait to get to show the siege engine action. It will be my personal favorite part of the game.

Cheers,
                  Matti

Comment

Cheers Everyone,

Highland Wars is now in Steam Greenlight. Go and give your votes (even the No -votes if you feel that we're not worth of the Yes -vote).

Highland Wars Greenlight

We've finally finished the working iteration of the multiuser controlled siege engines so expect to see a new video featuring them in action soon.

Comment

Voted yes of course! funny note your games icon was something that i seen inside the "Steam greenlight" section before i clicked on it!!

Comment

Game looks cool i wanna play it !
                        Tried to vote yes but steams not letting me sign in today for some odd reason. I'll try again later, best of luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                        X