No announcement yet.

FTC's Scribbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found this thread. Some great stuff here, especially liked the flame and original shield effect!

Comment

Hi,

just wanted to post my "tutorial" for the volumetric clouds:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO2hojkv1fc
      I figured it would not need an extra thread so I posted it here.

greetings

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
        Hi,

Following up the cloud technique I had an idea to set my Tahu pawn on fire. He is the Toa of fire after all.

So this would be like the rage/overcharge effect if Tahu were to become a character in an Action/Spectacle Fighter game. Apart from the Pawn Mesh, everything was created by using UDK assets and modifying them. I also wrote a couple of lines of code to make the effect toggleable.
        I think I will create a quicktip covering how to use the specific cascade modules for the effect.

greetings

I absolutely love this effect!

Any tips on what I need to know on top of the tutorial you posted on clouds?

And may I ask what UDK fire asset(s) you are using?

I really want to make something like this in my game

Rama

Comment

Hi,

sorry for this reeaaally late answer, but I only check this thread when I got something new or there is an answer notification and it seems I did not get one.
          @evernewjoy: Maybe you already saw it, but here is a tutorial about special cascade modules to get particles spawning from a mesh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JEXDd5ytYk I got the flames from GenericFoliage01.Ruins.FX.P_UDK_PillarFire01 but I modified them a bit to fit the character.

Now for something new:

This one is also mostly done by modifying udk assets, except for the snow texture which is from a free stock photo page, you can find a link in the video description.

greetings

Comment

Those snow storm effects look really good. I love the way they change and get stronger or weaker - good job. =)

Comment

Working...
            X