wasn't aware the link was down. it's fixed now

if it tries to save as .man make sure you rename it to .rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3d...erKit_v1.1.rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Link is dead and im really lurking this stuff, please reupload.
    Also for anyone who is gonna tell me omg dude ue4 is out what are you doing with udk, i know. I am just fan of udk and i really want this kit.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Chosker for your hard work. For me this helps with more different perspectives on code, and how to it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Que the laugh track. Two days of beating my head against this problem have finally come to an end. All the resources were in the correct place all along. The problem: A spelling error.'Archtype' should have been spelled 'Archetype'. Spelling it without the 'e' seemed so intuitively correct that I never questioned it. Why would there be an 'e'? I'm not scripting in French!

Lessons learned:
    * Install the spell-check module into your script environment. It might save you days of work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Chosker. Great work on the inventory. I've been working to adapt it for a contemporary setting with clothes instead of armor.

I have a question for anyone following this thread:
    One persistent problem that is: Unrecognized type 'archtype' in both the Pawn and InventoryContainer files. I've double checked that all the resources are in the correct place and searched the code for an object def. of 'archtype' but I've not had any luck finding it so far. Is it possibly a case-mismatch error, as "Archtype..." does appear elsewhere in the code?
    Has anyone else seen similar issues?

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Edit:

I found this link that explains what the archtype is and how to create them.
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UsingArchetypes.html
    This leads me to believe that I misplaced one of the resource files but they all seem to be accounted for. I'll continue to look into it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the answer lies in the flash file yes. you have the SendItem function with all the parameters that I coded in, and these parameters get send to flash via ActionScriptVoid("SetItemByString");.
    I know it doesn't seem like it, but ActionScriptVoid("SetItemByString"); actually passes all the parameters that were passed into the SendItem function. so if you open the flash file and goto the actionscript code, you'll be able to find a matching SetItemByString function with all the matching parameters (ContainerType, itemID, etc).
    want to pass even more parameters? no problem, just add them to the end of both the SendItem function in UnrealScript, and the SetItemByString function in actionscript

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greetings and a huge thank you for sharing this with the community Chosker, I'm currently attempting to stitch this together with a randomized loot code I've been working on and ran into a problem locating how your code handles catching the string values of Object-name/Durability/Value and passes them to the scaleform HUD. Your code is set out very neatly which has allowed me to change the values being displayed simply enough. However I would like to add whole new variable fields that will be displayed to the HUD when an item is hovered over. Could you point me in the direction or even the class that is handling this so I may investigate more closely?

This seems to be where the breadcrumbs lead me, Is my answer hiding in the flash file?
    Code:
    simulated function SendItem(string ContainerType, string idemID, string itemSlot, string itemType, string itemName, string itemQuantity, string itemDurability, string itemMaxDurability, string itemValue)
    {
    	//`log("SendItem "$bEnabled$" "$itemID$" "$itemSlot$" "$itemType$" "$itemName$" "$itemQuantity$" "$itemWeight$" "$itemQuality$" "$itemDurability$" "$itemMaxDurability);
    	ActionScriptVoid("SetItemByString");
    }
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There was a shortcut for that. Ah, you have to type into console "toggle inventory" or something like that. You'' find the exec function in code. Then you can bind it, using default input config file, to a key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah ok thanks, and how do I open the Inventory without Walking into a Container?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to set the gamemode in worldproperties to the inventory one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!

You made a great Job there and this Kit is really helping me out, but I have a Problem.
    I'm pretty new to UDK but I have already a map and some other stuff done, how can I Import the Inventory System to this map?
    I can place Clothin and stuff, and if I walk into them they dissappear and it says the message, but if I walk into a Container wich has some Items in int the inv doesnt Show up.
    How can I fix this and how can I open and Close the Inventory anyways?

Thanks for your help!

-gerixxx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is excellent work, thanks so much for putting this out there.

I'm in the process of integrating this into my current project, but am having some difficulty. Mostly since because I'm on a previous version of UDK, I can't open the packages to test it's assets. That's fine, I can create new assets, but I'll need to dig into your Flash stuff to make changes, and I seem to be missing an external file to make myIconInventory.fla run as intended.

can I assume the AS class 'gfx.controls.Window' is also only included in the 2013-02 version of scaleform? I don't seem to have the file in 2012-07.

EDIT: I've installed the 2013-02 version of UDK to look for the 'gfx.controls.Window' file, but had no luck. Instead, I found what I believe is the Window.as file in a different directory, "\\Development\Flash\As2\CLIK\demos\com\scaleform\ Window.as"

I've copied this file and edited it's path to match 'gfx.controls.Window' and it displays your FLA file correctly, with no compiler errors.

I've also managed to get your source code compiled successfully for the 2012-07 version of UDK and integrated with my pre-existing classes, and am working on integrating the Scaleform stuff now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Angel_Mapper: you're welcome

Scotland3d: no I'm not using a UE3 license, it's pure UDK.
    the problem is most likely due to you using an older version of UDK. as stated in the Readme, for this Kit I used the 2013-02 version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Chosker,

This would fit my survival game perfectly but I had a few issues with it. Are you using a ue3 license to make the download.
    The reason I ask is that when I go to open the files in the content browser I get no assets, this in turn stops me from being
    able to open the map you provided as an example.

SURVIVAL GAME LINK
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Scotland3d?feature=watch

Any ideas as to what may be causing this. I'm using udk 2012 at the moment.

To try and fix the problem I created 2 folders in the browser and manually imported the textures and meshes but still no joy opening the map.

All the best with development of it as it looks ideal for a lot of peoples projects.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X