No announcement yet.

No project, just learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the physics asset after uploading that video. I found that don't work in the editor and in the game in the same way.

But just don't work well in the player. If only the mesh, without blueprint, is placed directly on the map, physics work like in the editor. So there must be some parameter in the third person script template, or in the Character class that does something weird.

Also, the "angular damping" seems to don't work in game, so the bones never stops moving or stop very very slow, even using high values for angular damping. In the editor works well.

And have problems with root motion animation to work properly. I tried a halt after running animation and the player deviates to the right. The editor works correctly, displacement is straight forward. In the game goes to the right.

I don't know if they are bugs or is my fault.

I put these two things on "Answers" but no "answers" yet:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ot-motion.html

Comment

As U4 still is a beta and all users are a kind of testers, it could be a bug for real. And you are an advanced user, so I think it would be cool if they check your bug report. I've checked your link and saw you hadn't any answer yet. But everything is a mess in Epic sites, UDK deleted pages, lack of documentation for U4. It should be hard try something without a good documentation.

I didn't download U4 yet, because I'm dealing with job deadlines and trying to polish the things in UDK first (hate doing assets...), meanwhile until the end of my contract. So I had not the opportunity to check the code or dig the Blueprint to help with it and try the same here.

Comment

I have paid the UDK license using Paypal. Now to work in the game

Comment

UE4 bow and arrow would be very popular

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
          Ok, the bow is based on UDKweapon, a inventary object that you attach to a sockek in the hand. The arrow is based on actor, using a skeletalmesh.

The bow have a animtree to play animations, and a bool variable to tense (?) the bow. So when fire button is pressed, that var is set to true, the bow is tensed, and when the button is released, the bow shots.

This is the proccess:

- Start playing a animation to get the arrow from carcaj. In the animation there are a first notify wich calls to a function when the hand reaches the carcaj.

- In that function the arrow is spawned and attached to the hand socket. The animation continue playing.

- There are one second notify in the animation, when the hand reaches the bow, then the arrow is detached from hand, and attached to a socket in the bow.

- When the fire button is pressed, the variable commented below is set to true. The animtree shows the bow tensed.

- When te button is released, variable is set to false, and play an fire animation. The arrow is detacched from bow, and a velocity value is set in arrow, using getPlayerViewPoint(Location,Rotation) to get the correct orientation. That's all for the player and bow.

The arrow moves with the velocity you set before, and "touch" and "hitwall" events detects the collisions. Then use a "setbase" to attach to collision objetc. In the touch event, if the touched object is a pawn, tries to find the bone reached with "FindClosestBone(HitLocation)" before doint the setbase. Then calls victim takedamage, etc.

- The arrow goes a "sleep state", with a sleep of some seconds. Then the arrow is destroyed.

And thats all. Other things like camera attached to arrow depends to your camera system.

All the proccess are done with very basic functions.
          Wow, you made a beautiful bow and arrow system. I saw your youtube video about it.

Would you consider making a tutorial for a UE4 version? Or possibly, after some time, making your bow system available in the UE4 marketplace? Both a UE4 tutorial and UE4 marketplace bow and arrow system, I would buy immediately. It looks wonderful and I personally think many people would buy it. I hope you consider it someday and I look forward to your UE4 evolution. I hope to see your bow and arrow in the UE4 market front page. Serious!

Comment

Hey, CobaltUDK, it's a good news! Nothing can stop you now.

Comment

Sanctity Lost 2 still awaits

Comment

Now that you have UE4 would you mind ( you dont need to) share some code . And i m real noob on coding i dont quite understand that plant load code how to get it working.

Lähetetty minun GT-N7100 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Comment

I paid my license and now I have the power as well, hahaha. Now, I can focus until the end of my project without regret (and open a thread with this project within 3 months. My placeholders are ugly and, as an artist, I don't want anyone to see their ugly face).
                  By the way, following your thread!

Comment

Great, to finish the work then, good luck

Comment

Wow, I almost forgot a thing! As I'm polishing my project, there are some props (low res, high res baked texture) I won't use. Do you need any specific prop? I can check on my list and see if I have something here. Don't worry, I can share them for free (and no attribution, I think it would be pretty ridiculous an attribution for something like a chair or a spoon ).

Comment

Hey, tanks But if I'm going to use your assets, you must be in the team, at least to make money, if we make money...

Comment

I'm sure you will make money with your project. It's ambitious but with a solid base, and not an empty promise.

And...Oops, my bad! I can't enter in a team because of my project. Also as I'm working for other clients, and it left a little time. I would love to help another team, but I was caught in a bad planning from my part (and results? Some props I won't use... aw, my inexperience...). But I'll create a link to anyone download it from our community. If you are recruiting until the end of the year, I can give you a hand, but I will be stuck until December ^^.

Comment

I did not mean to you work with us (although would be nice), but if we use something of yours, you would have a share of the profits, if any.

Can see something of your game? I'm curious

Comment

It's a simple game, not so impressive as yours ^^. I'll do a thread within two/three months showing the alpha (all scripts are okay and no bugs, but the models... ugh, those placeholders...). It will take so long because my deadline with my clients.

And, about the models, don't worry. I really don't mind about share some props for free ^^. I'm thankful for this community, for real. So, it'd be a gift if any of those props are in decent quality for someone to use. Just let me see a list of needed props and I can check what I have here. I have some modular too (very few, Goth architecture).

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                                Hey, tanks But if I'm going to use your assets, you must be in the team, at least to make money, if we make money...
                                All my game designs include 4 core features: modularity/customization, networking, genre intermixing (game types), and in-game monetizing. I design games with intention of generating multiple profit streams. In my opinion, to compete with the bazillions of games on sale for player cash-flow, requires game devs to be innovative in this department providing many options to accept money from players.

Yes, you can take the traditional approach: retail sale per unit, subscription, and F2P (item malls). However, I would urge one to also consider: real-world merchandise {t-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers} and ad space; consider accepting donations (self crowd-sourcing) in-game, multiple methods of transactions to include both electronic and traditional (check/money order). Consider Group/Team purchases/discounts and referral programs. Consider multiple means of rewarding your Players to include real-world cash: pay-to-play, tournaments, lotteries.

My point being that just like networking, the implementation of these systems should be considered at the beginning of the project to eliminate a more complicated retrofit. If one desires their game to generate profits, one has to implement these systems into the game to get the money from the player. Profits are not automatic, no matter how fun the game is. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X