No project, just learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
    Hi Jak, I was to begin to recruit for a game, but Epic have removed the form to buy the UDK license, so I'm trying UE4. I'm no good with blueprints, I prefer the code, but seems that all is oriented to blueprints now. At this moment I'm looking for a way to play animations, and seems that it's no possible to do like UDK does, there aren't a "playcustomanim" command, you must to do one montage for each anim sequence, and place a lot of nodes in blueprint for each. I'm lost with that.
    I hold a UDK License (currently collecting dust), however, its not required to recruit. I'm curious about your game and who you're recruiting for as it appears you already have game here.

Comment

This is strange.By removed the license are you saying that you cant use udk commercially anymore?

Comment

I did this question in Unreal 4 release thread for checking if they have any "special condition" for someone who had a project in UDK. If they have some way a game developer purchase UDK licence. Man, I spent almost 2 years in a project, I can't reprogramming and set everything in the new system and I suppose a lot of other game devs are in the same trouble. I will wait and see what Epic says about it and I return with the answer in this thread. I must confess if we can't purchase this license, I think about testing other engines again, seriously.

By the way, your thread is great, CobaltUDK.

Comment

Thanks, I have emailed them asking for a license, but there are no reply yet. My intention was to recruit artists to make a game with the UDK code I have and my idea is a sandbox like I'm showing in my videos.
          But without license can't publish the game, so all is stoped. And to learn UE4 to do the same I so with UDK needs some months more. So I'm waiting to get a decision.

I hope that Epic can solve this.

Comment

If Epic answers you, could you share their decisions? I would buy this license just in an almost release stage, but how the things are now, I think I will buy it as soon as possible too. Did you contact them in this email: release@unrealengine.com or it was in other contact?
            Thanks, CobaltUDK!

Comment

Sure, I have emailed to billing@ and udklicensing@ . Here too: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...publish&p=1454

Comment

Thank you, CobaltUDK! I read the moderator's answer for you and I will try to email them too. If I have any news from Epic, I'll share it for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                  Thanks, I have emailed them asking for a license, but there are no reply yet. My intention was to recruit artists to make a game with the UDK code I have and my idea is a sandbox like I'm showing in my videos.
                  But without license can't publish the game, so all is stoped. And to learn UE4 to do the same I so with UDK needs some months more. So I'm waiting to get a decision.

I hope that Epic can solve this.
                  Currently, you don't have assets or a game to publish. So, I recommend moving forward with recruiting Artist as that is your greatest challenge. You have a great show-reel to lure them in with, but, most favor direct payment, not royalties. Put the game together and I'm sure you'll have no problem with getting the licensing squared up. Licensing is the least of your problems.

Comment

I am to joining in the license quest because ive been working on a project for a year and a half and have a bad feeling about this.Just to be secured ive emailed them today for the 99$ license and if i get answer i will share the info here.

Greetings from Spain Cobalt

Comment

I'm gathering that the $99 license is not available. So now we have to submit a request to Epic get it. Sort of at the end of my demo, and that's unfortunate news. Kind of forced to use next engine. Was afraid of the UE4 engine at first, though when I looked at tutorials and stuff everything looked familiar so things didn't change too drastically. Just have to release demo when finished, and work on converting to UE4.

Comment

CobaltUDK: They answer at last! And UDK licensing will be accessible in a few days! Take a look in Official Unreal engine 4 Release thread. Man, THAT's a relief for all of us!!!

Comment

Great news! thanks for that.

Hola majic12.

Comment

What UE4 like? Better or worse?

Lähetetty minun GT-N7100 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Comment

Graphics are impressive. But it is some slow for now. And documentation centers too much in blueprints. I prefer code, I'm no good with boxes and lines. I think it will be much more better in next updates.

This is a rapid test I did the first day, using my model and one of the maps from UE:

But then I will messed up with the blueprints, and some bugs (perhaps I'm doing something wrong) like this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ot-motion.html
                              But like I don't find documentation about it and nobody answer... I'm stopped.

Comment

Impressive, indeed! I've noticed the soft body isn't working in your U4. I remember it is working great in your characters in UDK videos. Isn't it working or you didn't set up is yet?
                                (U4 is so direct to Blueprint? The news getting better and better ).
                                Great video, as always!

Comment

Working...
                                X