Clear All

Amazing work! Wow

Comment

Pure Awesome as always....

Comment

Wow, nice.

Comment

Thanks.
          Techlord, each actor implied on missions have a variable to store the class mision reference. So if a mission step is to kill a pawn, when the pawn dies, informs to the mission by calling a fuction (on mission).
          The same thing on usable items, enemy spawners, etc.
          For dialogs, I can call function in each line of the dialog, so when you accpets a mission in a dialog, it calls to mission function to start.

Comment

This is a summary of what I have learned from udk since I started a year ago:

Comment

Easily my favorite UDK channel...been fun watching you learn more and more....Can't wait to see what you do next.....

Comment

Next is to purchase the UDK3 license, if I can...

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                  Thanks.
                  Techlord, each actor implied on missions have a variable to store the class mision reference. So if a mission step is to kill a pawn, when the pawn dies, informs to the mission by calling a fuction (on mission).
                  The same thing on usable items, enemy spawners, etc.
                  For dialogs, I can call function in each line of the dialog, so when you accepts a mission in a dialog, it calls to mission function to start.
                  Hi CobaltUDK, your feedback is valued and I don't want to bog you down explaining the 'How To'. I will be challenging myself to develop a Mission System in the near future. My plan is to provide B.R.A.I.N.S a interface to manage Dynamic Quest Behavior aka Quest Branching. At a high-level: Quest Objectives are Task Leaf Nodes arrange in a Behavior Tree. Objectives are Condition Nodes, and the acceptable Actions a Player can take are Action Nodes. Objectives use a Observer pattern to notify each other of State changes (dependencies), which sounds very similar to: "informs to the mission by calling a fuction (on mission)."

Comment

You are one fast learner

Comment

AWESOME but how did you do that enemies with swords like how do they know when to play that attack anim?

Comment

With a seeplayer event or after being attacked by the player. Then left the idle state and jumps to the follow state. When the distance is close, attack to the player.

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                          With a seeplayer event or after being attacked by the player. Then left the idle state and jumps to the follow state. When the distance is close, attack to the player.
                          thanks i now have an idea how to do it

Comment

Dude can't believe you're still on here doing kickass ****. Are you still just doing R&D or are you working on a project? Would be cool to see you work on something interesting. Keep it up man!

Comment

Dude, its awesome..
                              Where should I start if I want so I can have skill like yours?

Comment

Hi Jak, I was to begin to recruit for a game, but Epic have removed the form to buy the UDK license, so I'm trying UE4. I'm no good with blueprints, I prefer the code, but seems that all is oriented to blueprints now. At this moment I'm looking for a way to play animations, and seems that it's no possible to do like UDK does, there aren't a "playcustomanim" command, you must to do one montage for each anim sequence, and place a lot of nodes in blueprint for each. I'm lost with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X