Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
    The project is stopped, the group was disolved
    I thought you were working by yourself this whole time?

Comment

The group was formed two weeks ago, but there was no unanimity over the the game type to do. The initial idea was to make a small game in three months, but perhaps it's too little.

So, after having capability to program a game and have good designers, perhaps the most hard is to have a good idea.

Everything you see in my videos I have done myself (unless some models that are downloaded).

Comment

That's unfortunate. Better luck in the future, keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll find a more dependable team.

Comment

Man some source will be nice. Seriously you need to create a game!!! You work is the best I have seen on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
            Man some source will be nice. Seriously you need to create a game!!! You work is the best I have seen on the forums.
            Agreed.
            I have an idea that I have been programming (no art assets at all as yet). I'd love to work with you if interested.

Comment

Thank you, I'm working in a small game, to make it in three months. The team is 1 for now (me) :P

When the game goes advanced, I will looking for modelers, mappers, etc, to replace my provisional assets. I think it's the only way to advance in this.

That is not the game I'll like to do, but I want to begin with something short.

This is a new weapon, a fire ball, based in the bow and arrows I made days ago:

I haven't worked much the animations, I'm tired of doing animations that are never as good as the mocap ones.

Comment

A root motion test:

Comment

[QUOTE=CobaltUDK;31700293]The project is stopped, the group was disolved
                  That is unfortunate it stopped, but, that doesn't mean its the end. I least I hope its not. I say to you my friend, Do NOT Quit! Stay vigilant, keep learning, keep posting. Your dedication and frequent updates to this thread have been a motivator for me to keep working on Project Fujita. The original game concept has morphed over a course of 90 days and Team members have come and gone. That is the nature of working in this environment.

However, I remain steadfast in developing this Game. I simply became fed up with having fantasies of making games, and started making that fantasy game a reality. I'm learning tons: scripting, modeling, animation, storytelling, music, sfx, etc - no matter how ugly it is in the beginning. I'll keep tweaking it, until I achieve that look and feel I want. After all practice makes perfect. I'm hellbent on completing this game with UDK (UE3) no matter what.

Comment

Thanks, your words help me to continue with this

Another video, playing with the camera, in a first person view:

Comment

A new character and a tutorial for runtime foliage, in this video:

The character is made by Svog ( http://svogthos.deviantart.com/ )

And the tutorial for the foliage, from original script by myleslambert, is here:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31722163

Comment

I'm hugely impressed with your bow and arrow set up, as well as the root motion. I've been trying to figure out a way to do bows and arrows in a similar way to the way the UT rocket launcher operates. Looks like you've been much more resourceful, I'm still stuck!

I actually made this account just to comment on this thread.

Comment

Thanks, for the bow I decided to do some things from scratch, without extending from UT or UDK. I made animations, timers to place the arrow in place, first in hand, then on arc, then flying and finally attached to something. And I think it was easier to me than looking for tutorials on how UT/UDK weapons works, and I have learned a lot.

If I had to start from scratch I will try to extend the minimum possible from included scripts, wouldn't use the weapon system or UDK inventory among other things.

Here is a hunting:

Comment

Amazing stuff like always Cobalt.

Comment

Man u are amazing , can i ask u what is your main learning resources?

Comment

Thanks, I started learning in marcosdiez.wordpress.com (in spanish). And this forum helped me a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X