Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ninja model looks very nice
    Also nice ragdoll and gameplay.
    You really should make project out of it .

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenen View Post
      That ninja model looks very nice
      Also nice ragdoll and gameplay.
      You really should make project out of it .
      I think that's the crysis character

Comment

Right, the male mesh is from crysis. I haven't a defined project, I'm just learning, so I don't make meshes. Much of them in my videos are downloaded from sites like thefreemodels or nexusmods.

The girl model is mine, but I did it long time ago, before going into UDK.
        What I'm doing are animations and learning uscript, and when I have a real project, if ever I have any, I'll make models for that game (and animations and code are reusable).

Comment

Cobalt I sent u an IM

Comment

Another two videos:

this is a matinee camera to use in events like the video. There are a function that positioning the unique camera before to call matinee, so the same secuence and camera are used in any place of the map.

And some things I did days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2JqMSPUWKg

Comment

Ninja triplets in action:

Comment

Dialogue system:

Comment

AHHAHAAHAH cannot stop laughing- this is amazing man, keep going ahaHAHHH

Comment

Some tests with Apex cloth:

It's not too much precise, but the cape is very low poly. Also there are some issues when framerate is 30, simulation is very different than the 60 fps.

Something similar happens with bone physics, at lower framerates (or at fps limit) bones oscilating.

And I don't know how to fix it.

Comment

APEX is heavily bugged as of now.

Comment

After a couple of days following the tutorials of Julio Juarez and fighting with matinee interface, I made a day / night cycle:

Needs improvement.

I had to stop using Lightmass and changed dominant directional light by a dominant directional movable, then specularity disappear in the materials. And a 10% less framerate.

But I think it's worth.

Comment

Great stuff you are making there , cloth is really cool , cycle as well and i like camera work. You should consider turning that into some project , i would definitely play it ^^

Comment

Thank you, but I find myself unable to do something like that alone in a reasonable time, I would need a lot of help with the assets, maps, etc..

Probably end up doing something much simpler (I hope), but this is helping me to learn a little of everything.

Comment

Having day / night cycles can be feasible for archviz with UDK, but definately not for doing games. UE4 is hopefully going to have a better chance of doing this.

Comment

Why not? lose 10% of framerate isn't reason enought. UDK probably isn't the best for that game type, but I think it's possible to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X