No announcement yet.

No project, just learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbosquid and others online stores from others engines that I don't want to do mention here...

About UE4 materials, I think that re-make the materials is less time consuming than the 3D work on the model. And if your intention were to import models from UDK, you need to re-make the materials in UE4 too.

Landscapes in UDK can be exported to raw files, including layers for the different materials. Then you can import them in UE4 (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
      Here is a system for the bots, to do different tasks along the day, depending of the hour:minute:second:

also the bots can talk between them, when they cross its paths.
      A GTA game made by one man band ^^. Hey, I really liked the player character can sit on the bench. It is always a think I get annoyed because the player can't sit or lie on the props in games.

Comment

It's very far from GTA... very very far. But thanks

Player and NPCs shares a lot of functionality, so they can do practically the same things.

Comment

Hehe, I know it is far from GTA ^^ But I think my memory activated with a free roaming character into a crowd on swimsuits , and in a beach... Since San Andreas, my mind links those characteristics with GTA.

I have a question, and I know it was answered in some part of this thread, but as I didn't find it here we go:
          How many units have your entire map? And the characters?

I made my standard character with 160 units and my environment (open level, not inside buildings) is becoming gigantic with this -__-

Comment

The male character has 90 units (180 cm), and the landscape about 520000 x 520000 (10 x 10 Km).

Comment

Hmm, I see. Maybe it would be better I scale down everything here. Since I changed my project (thanks to U4 free release -__-), I'm facing new problems with my game.

Thanks a lot for the information!

Comment

Here are some screenshots using Mixamo's assets:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kachujin_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	3251028

Name:	Kachujin_03.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	3251029

it's a test, I don't know yet if will be included in the game.

Comment

Some characterizations with new morphs:

Name:	nm_morph5.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	3251031

Name:	nm_nadiuska.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	3251032

Name:	nm_arnold.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	3251033

Name:	nm_sly.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	3251034

Name:	nm_gorda.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	3251035

Comment

Was wondering,are the morphs made with mixamo or is it in another 3d app?
                    (last chick is going to have problems finding a boyfriend on the island xd.Put her on a diet or she will be offered as a sacrifice by islanders )

Comment

No, from Mixamo I'm using clothes and hairs, but not the base models. Anyway they have improved the base models a lot, are a good alternative for somebody who starts a game.

This are normal morphs, like the others I showed time ago. The models now have about 64 morphs for characterization, probably I will need some more. There are 5 face types, 5 eyes, 5 noses, etc. All of them can be combined together to get variety. There are 3 normal maps for muscularity and age.

I think the last girl is beautiful, but she has problems to find clothes. Will need special meshes to fit.

However this one doesn't have any problem with the clothes:

Name:	nm_canija.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	3251036

and this:

Name:	nm_canijo.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	3251037

Comment

No, from Mixamo I'm using clothes and hairs, but not the base models. Anyway they have improved the base models a lot, are a good alternative for somebody who starts a game.
                        I tested Mixamo models and they work pretty well, but the characters had some problems in hand fingers rigging. The little finger is sharing the same rigging as ring finger, and it starts being annoying. I think I'll post something in Mixamo forums, asking to Jeanette about this problem. I had some complaints before and they fixed the bug (neck area rigging with problems).

I think the last girl is beautiful, but she has problems to find clothes.
                        And... You are my hero after this observation. Seriously!

Hey, may you post the new thread name you're doing in this thread? I want to follow it, but I found nothing.

Comment

I saw a model you was working and you don't need the Mixamo models, yours are better I think. And I still need 3d modelers, you know...

The new thread for the game? I want to find a good name before.

Comment

I saw a model you was working and you don't need the Mixamo models, yours are better I think. And I still need 3d modelers, you know...
                            Hey, thanks again ^^.
                            But I've changed my project, scoping it down and stylizing the visual, so I had to remodel some characters. (you know... the graphical part takes almost triple times more than the programming time, no matter how quick an artist is, at least, it was a reality for me). I used Mixamo characters to NPC (citizens) modular pieces, but as they are stylized, I had to edit the mesh in Blender, re-importing as Fuse characters to Fuse and taking advantage of the auto-rigging.
                            I found a good advantage in Fuse Characters; they support a remodeling, so I could remodel them as I needed and use the auto-rigger (I changed the texture too, because all characters are stylized).

There is a big but here, even Mixamo's auto rigger is good, there are a lot of problems in their skinning. Good for simple models, but a pain in the neck for others (long skirts has a problem with the feet bones). For my main characters, I had to model, skinning and rigging from the scratch.
                            Also, their auto rig isn't good for the characters hands and fingers, so I'm using an interesting technique I checked in Resident Evil meshes, using morphs to hands and fingers for those not so important characters. That's why I asked if you had problems with Mixamo's rigging on the chara hands.

Talking about it, I think it is a good thing to show it in my thread, in the next week, I hope. The same technique can be applied to realistic models.

(And, if I wasn't so drowned into client job(s), I work with you as a 3D modeler without doubt! But as soon as my job deadlines finish, maybe we can do a little trading with graphics and programming ).

Comment

Good idea to use morphs for hands, probably gets better performance than having 30 bones for fingers.

Where are your thread?

Comment

Much better performance! By the way, Capcom is the king of the performance. They really know how to make the things lighter for the CPU and GPU processing. Some years ago, I tried a RE 4 mod (not finished) and I was impressed with their "tricks".

I'll open my thread in the next week, after my struggling with weapon stance animations here. I think I have images, videos and discussions (and my desired project) enough to open a thread now ^^.

Well, after everyone running to U4, it is our duty trying to keep UDK forum alive. Us, the last of UDK users.

Comment

Working...
                                X