No project, just learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
    Thanks, it's done with canvas, I don't know Flash.

I have plan to replace texts with icons, but for now it's functional.
    With canvas? So you gave me hope! I was struggling with menus here and thinking if it would be possible to do the things I want to do. If it can be done on canvas, so I'll find a way.
    Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
      Your work is awesome...I too want to finish my game (sanctity lost) in UDK, even though every one has moved on to UE4. I will create the sequel in UE4 though.
      Maybe everyone is in the same boat here ^^

Comment

Hey Cobalt, I really liked the way you aged the character, the nose is bigger and the wrinkles are there. Cool!

Comment

Here is a system for the bots, to do different tasks along the day, depending of the hour:minute:second:

also the bots can talk between them, when they cross its paths.

Comment

YouTube Content Warning: This video may be inappropriate for some users!!
            Even windowed, this is more interesting than Realty-TV Survivor / Big Brother shows ...

The buildings could use a little TLC. Swap for straw huts...?
            Just a thought. Overall, nice work as always Cobalt.

Comment

The buildings are a ****, I know, but they are dummys to fill the map, not the final models.

Comment

really nice work again

I know you're 'just learning' but do you have a goal with this project? also how come you haven't moved to UE4?

Comment

+1 I have seen,dragons,knights,sci fi dudes,amazons,bikini chicks etc Curious what you have in mind apart from testing.All those mechanics coud give a lot for a final fantasy type game.My favourite moment at 0:36

Comment

Heh, this is not a test, it's the game prototype. Perhaps I should open a new topic and leave this one, but I haven't a definitive game name yet.

The most of the assets I use are provisional from UDK, others are "dummy" models like the houses. I'm finishing the code, but for the assets there are a lot of work to do.

About UE4, I want to move to it, but I want to finish this game before in UDK. There are a lot of work already done and I think that the graphic quality it's not too bad for a indie game today.

Comment

ah I see now
                      well just change the topic title, should be good

btw I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full :/

Comment

I will open a new thread with a provisional name and will close this (inbox empty).

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                          I will open a new thread with a provisional name and will close this.
                          You might as well keep your following and the thread history as its solid! Just change the title or amend it slightly...

Comment

Regarding porting from UDK to UE4 :-

1. You can't use a single Epic asset from UDK in UE4 because everything is up in the air legally and a final decision may or may not be forthcoming.
                            2. The UE4 store is pretty bare. Odds on you'll have to re-model all UDK assets from scratch. That's seriously time consuming and potentially costly.
                            3. You can't apply for Unreal Dev Grants to help with the port, because all submissions / prototypes must already be built in UE4.
                            4. What if UDK devs came together and petitioned Epic to allow for UDK showcases? We're some of the most heavily invested devs in Unreal Tech...

Re point 4:
                            It costs nothing to ask and is worth the effort because something like this happened before. Epic couldn't help then, but they did offer a free UE4 license in return. I've already laid some groundwork with Chance Ivey. But it would take a few of us to come together and push this. Anyone porting? (PM's best because its CobaltUDK's thread).

Comment

Will be great that Epic help us a bit. If we earn money, Epic earn too. But I understand that they want to promote UE4 only.

About the assets, there are a lot of good assets in FBX format in online stores (not only the UE4 store) and at very good prices.

Comment

CobaltUDK,
                                Do you mean sites like Turbosquid or another site you recommend? How many come with UE4 finished materials, and is it possible to get UE4 Terrains / Landscapes (not just World Machine files)...

Comment

Working...
                                X