Clear All

How do you do, with soft bodies?

Comment

Huh? talking to me cobalt ?

Comment

Yes, a ti.

Comment

Lol leaving it for despues.
          Though leaving a snapshot of the breast Body settings would help a lot. : P

Comment

Here are the right breast settings on PHat and the physic material to limit the bounce:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RBtetas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	3250955

Comment

ah i see, i know the physsics material can be added to the physics asset luckily. Else i would take that info like woot ? thank you!

Comment

Phew, I came back. ^^

As always, very cool this Apex cloth asset set up with the hair! You merged the hair meshes "strand strays" in one single mesh with one material, didn't you? What was the slot you put the hair material and other meshes (like that transparent cloth you used) with Apex in the slot materials? I did a model test with an only one material for the Apex hair, assigning to the material slot 0 and everything worked okay. But when I tried to put a hair and a skirt with two different materials (both with Apex clothing assets), UDK crashes. So, I just would like to know if your meshes (hair and transparent cloth) have only one material, and assigned to the slot 0, or did you put in separated materials?

Comment

The hair have only a material, but I had similar problems with multimaterial meshes. For example this is working good now:

Name:	apexmultimat.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3250974

And 3 extra drawcall, I know. I have plan to use a unique material.

Now I' working in a navigation system to use where there are no navmesh, and finishing the male character, what is taking more work than expected. Here an advance:

Name:	thehero.jpg
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	3250975

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                    working in a navigation system to use where there are no navmesh
                    Interesting... I've been working on an AI system that skips Navmeshes also, but its only for aircraft, and waypoints and obstacle avoidance is easier because aircraft can move freely in 3D space... But your demos are mostly terrains with lots of trees i.e. complex 2D navigation... Interested to know how your ground based navigation system works....

Comment

lol,your male character actually looks like one of my neighbours,he just needs curly hair.

Comment

It's simple, doing two traces per second, if collision, then it does aditional traces to the sides, until finds a way. I did it to skip trees and other pawns, but surprisingly works quite well to find paths toward a destination. For example in the city streets, which is a laberintic structure.

It's a brute force system, not as good as the engine navmesh, but its acceptable for me. I will show it in a video, but I must to finish the male model before.

Gaz, with this setup looks like Tarzan:

Name:	thehero2.jpg
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	3250976

or like a monkey:

Name:	thehero3.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	3250977

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
                          The hair have only a material, but I had similar problems with multimaterial meshes. For example this is working good now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17095[/ATTACH]

And 3 extra drawcall, I know. I have plan to use a unique material.

Now I' working in a navigation system to use where there are no navmesh, and finishing the male character, what is taking more work than expected. Here an advance:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17096[/ATTACH]
                          Oh, I can see now the problem with material slot. You don't have the mesh with Apex clothing asset with the Skeletal Mesh character. I put everything together (my character, hair and skirt), and I tried to put the meshes with Apex clothing asset in the first material slots. I will try to import everything separated. Thanks a ton for this!

Comment

I'm digging on this male anatomy. Very, very cool!

Comment

This is the base male model almost finished. Like the female model, morphs and bone scale are used to get variations.

There are some errors to fix in the mesh and textures, and a lot of work to do for the clothes and hairs (I still need help).

Comment

This is great progress and great news too for AmyP, but I still lament the passing of the Ninja Triplets

Comment

Working...
                                X