• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand what you say, but sounds good :P

Comment

Looks great i wish that you made tutorials. bow specifically

Comment

Hey, Fross09, I'm almost 100% positive you can make a bow system with a throwing projectile system, with some adjustments in animation and physics on the projectile. You can take a look at this link https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...-Bow-and-Arrow and this link https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...Throw-Mechanic.
        I think to hold the bow animation, you have to sign in your UDKinput when it can be released
        (example: Bindings=(Name="GBA_Bow",Command="PrepareAim | OnRelease WhatYouWantToDo")
        I hope it helps

Comment

Here are the progress of the game system customization. The menus are provisional, and the hairs and clothes too.

The female model is new, the artist Daniel Akbari ( http://artofdanielakbari.blogspot.com.es/ ) did ​​a clean retopology from my old model and the rest worked by me.

Comment

theres hours of fun right there!

seriously though,top marks on everything you do,you really are very talented.

Comment

Thanks. In a few days I will upload a video to show the new model in action, and the new customization controls.

Comment

Hey you! I thought you had migrated to U4.
                Awesome update! I liked you chose a stylized character design, and not a super realistic/naturalistic one . And your customization system looks so cool.

I have a question about the hair. Did you use Physx for it in your older videos? When you upload your video, could you close up in the hair movement if it's possible for you to record?

Comment

Umm... but I wanted to make a "super realistic character" , but it is very difficult to achieve, and even I'm not a pro modeler (in spanish, "aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada").

Anyway I'm enought happy with the result for now:

This is my first try to make a hair. And the menus are always provisional...

I'm using the physics asset for the hair, but I want to try cloth or Apex cloth for that.

Comment

THIS model looks more realistic/naturalistic than the previous images. Why did it happen? Maybe because this character doesn't have the face characteristics extrapolated with the customized number?

Nah, man, you're very good modeler! Your models are clean (at least, the topology flows well in its animation), with good texture, and if you want to "test" it, it's just to ask for critics in Polycount. I'm sure they will like it too.
                    Physics asset for the hair? Oh, as I suspected. I tried cloth but everything can simulate cloth but the player Pawn. I discussed alternatives in this thread:https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ayer-character

Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada? But it is so boring doing the same thing the whole day (or week, or worst... the whole year)! Being a generalist is a relief sometimes. And, you can do it. It's not like everyone can do or like it by themselves ^^

Comment

It's exactly the same model than previous one, but with different configuration. I can move each face element, different colors, sizes, etc., so there are a lot of combinations.

The previous model have a horrible topology for animations, with a planar map. This new one is better, the same triangle number than previous (12000 whitout hair and cloth) but with a better topology. When finished I will post in polycount to see if any modeler want to join the team.

Never used UDK cloth, only Apex. I need to see the performance impact, but anyway using lods you can deactivate cloth at certain distance.

About being generalist, the coding and the graphics needs a lot of practice to be good, the day have 24 hours and if you do a bit of all, never will be good, only average.

Comment

This one with a different setup, including a skinny morph and some bone scaling:

Comment

It's exactly the same model than previous one, but with different configuration. I can move each face element, different colors, sizes, etc., so there are a lot of combinations.
                          That is exactly what I would like to ask about! ^^ So, question answered! The customization made some anatomy extrapolating in their extreme numbers and it confused me with your character style choice. My bad!
                          For example, the character below looks more stylized because the skinny morph applied. It has to be like that because you want to show how Skinny morph is working, there is no other way to show this. A lot of artists could complain proportions between ribs, waist and hip here but I'm cool with it ^^. (I'll send you a PM why I'm talking about it...).

About being generalist, the coding and the graphics needs a lot of practice to be good, the day have 24 hours and if you do a bit of all, never will be good, only average.
                          It's true! Sad but true! But it's a plague for a game designer which a lot of people see as an "Idea man" (I have no beef with Idea men/women, but a lot of people have sadly). Nobody wants to pay attention or respect the "first project game designer" without some idea proofs. And that's why I think you caught the right road You are proving your concept with well done progress presentation.

Comment

An experiment whit bone scaling:

Comment

Hehehe so fun, i did that experiment to with the bone scaling skelControl, it's specially good for making dwarfes.

Comment

Yes, but only can to scale bones in their 3 axis, there are some way to scale in one axis ? For example to make the model more fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X