Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Myst-like Puzzle Adventure) Xing: The Land Beyond

http://xingthegame.com/

(Already made their funding, but working on Rift Support) Shameless Kickstarter Plug

Hey UDK Forums!

I wanted to see if I could get some feedback from this community about the following student/indie project.

These are a group of my students at Chapman University who have been working for almost over a year on this project and are now moving to get it released on steam as well as other platforms.

You can check out a number of reviews that people have posted on Youtube, the Escapist, and other places to get a feel for what the game is about.

These are some of the best students I have ever had and I look forward to seeing their released into the wild!

Xing Summary:
    "You Died.

Welcome to XING.

Your body may be gone, but your life has just begun. In death, you will find yourself on a journey across a series of mysterious islands. You will encounter perplexing puzzles, trapped souls, and the power to change the environment around you. Spiritualism, mysticism and logic come together in the land of XING, where you will traverse mountains, deserts, forests, volcanoes and more."

Guiding Questions:
    1. What is the most noticeable gameplay feature as seen in the demos, trailers, and other videos?
    1a. What is either positive/negative about that feature?
    2. What is the most noticeable artistic element seen in the demos, trailers, and other videos?
    2a. What is either positive/negative about that element?
    3. What do you feel is this game's strongest asset?
    4. What do you feel is this game's weakest asset?
    5. Is there a gameplay feature, visual, or something else that you feel is missing from this game that you would like to see?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your feedback!
    -Vinnie Morrison
    (Game Development Professor @Chapman University)

Overall looks good, but the blend between terrain and foilage/assets needs work, its too sharp. I would rework the grass model to wider and less fuller texture, then place it around objects' base to break up the sharp lines.

Comment

Wow! what an amazing and cool game you all are making. I have nothing negative to say. Simply brilliant so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MurDocINC View Post
        Overall looks good, but the blend between terrain and foilage/assets needs work, its too sharp. I would rework the grass model to wider and less fuller texture, then place it around objects' base to break up the sharp lines.
        Nice eye! I'll make sure to mention it!

Comment

Nice work I like the particles and the scenery.

Comment

Working...
          X