Antarctic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antarctic

Hello UDK users, this is actually my first post here, whatever I'm not that new with unreal.
    So here is video for my current R&D - Portfolio, it still work in progress, and will be for quite a long time, but it become an interesting challenge ..

I like it A LOT! Really cool how the camera flies over the mountains just like in movies. Also the water reflections, and the ice around and in it really sells the scene. Nice one.

Comment

So awesome! It is nearby photorealistic and looks so great! One of the best scenes, I've seen...

Comment

This looks even better than the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo. Good job! Hope you make a tutorial on landscape vs lighting sometime.

Comment

I'm always amazed at what can be accomplished in this engine. Artists like you will surely blow our socks off with UE4.

Comment

Beautiful, I follow your work on Polycount forum, continue

Comment

I can't believe what I'm watching here, it looks so real and awesome.

Comment

This scene is endless! Fun to watch and keep it up! Fantastic view of whole antarctic area, flyby, lighting, skybox, snowy mountains, laboratory, and music background.

Comment

Thanks guy
                  Here a few more pics

cheers

Comment

Incredible.

Curious, how is the frame rate on this scene?

Comment

On regular game mode on gtx 570 about 100fps I would say, there some lags sometimes, but I didn't really optimized scene, and terrain has lods disabled.

Comment

Very nice work! Is the music from the movie Gattaca. If not, it definitely reminds me of it. Excellent job!

Comment

Have to agree with everyone some very nice work here. I don't know why but I thought it would of been nice instead of the modern building to have maybe a few old shacks like the early explorers used. Just a random thought good work either way

Comment

That is excellent work, I'm really impressed.

All you need now is a distant, cyclopean vista of cosmic horror looming over the horizon...

Comment

Lighting and shading update. Huge work was done with shaders. Will be more updates soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X