No announcement yet.

Untitled Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Update: now I started working on a melee combo system, but despite the promising first results, I think I'll leave this for now

Just to keep things organized I derived a new Pawn to make test.
    The system is flexible and consist of a dinamyc Array of AnimSequence played one after the other if the player press the fire button in a certain moment, otherwise the first animation is played

Comment

Just a very quick update on ComboSystem: now is possible to easily change animations sequence in editor via the Pawn properties panel

Comment

New Update: working on the code to detect collision and hit and damage other objects... not very good yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sneppy View Post
          this is just a test project i'm currently working on...

Sniiped*

This is the main character I've created to work on:

3dsMax Render:
          http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4...xrender021.png

UDK Render:

*Snipped*
          Michael Westen?

Comment

Michael Westen?
            a bit

But of course it wasn't meant to be Micheal Westen

Comment

New Update: Foot Placement WIP

Not very smooth up to now..

Comment

oooh... a Burn Notice game with adventure game style inventory puzzles... and lots of explosions and bad Oirish accents. Killer chin tessellation.

Comment

New Update: Target system

Comment

Those moves in that last video look sooo smooth! Love it!
                    I also like the blended normal maps, adds a lot to the visuals!

Comment

New Update: worked on improving the combat system. Now the player moves toward the enemy, but there are still many problems:
                      ► Sometimes the punch will miss the target because it's too far;
                      ► Punch Animations are a bit static;
                      ► When the player moves it slides;

Comment

Very VERY nice! Keep it up! It's coming along very well!

Comment

been offline for so long, I almost forgot about this project.
                          However I started working on it again, cleaning up code and optimizing the combo system: now the combo system is random and more dynamic;

Now I've created a custom class extending Object.uc to hold various attack statistics and informations:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	3250925

These informations will be used to tell the enemy how to eventually dodge the attack, but will also be used to create a more dynamic system: each next attack animation will be played based on the last attack. For example if the last attack was a right punch all the right punch animations will be excluded, and the next attack animation will be chosen among all the compatible animations.
                          It is possible to specify a list of specific animations that should not be played after this one, even if they could match the right profile. Forced animation can also be specified, in order to force a certain animation to play after the current one.

Here a video that shows the progress:

Comment

Nice animations, and the model looks like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Comment

Working...
                            X