Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illegal Aliens Gameplay Trailer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Illegal Aliens Gameplay Trailer


    What do you think?

    #2
    lol...funny as always and really impressive game mechanics.

    Comment


      #3
      Looks pretty, but seems like sounds, animations and gameplay are lacking in comparison.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jacky View Post
        lol...funny as always and really impressive game mechanics.
        Thanks Jacky always one of the 1st to reply

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Graylord View Post
          Looks pretty, but seems like sounds, animations and gameplay are lacking in comparison.
          Thanks for the feedback Graylord. Do you mind going into detail on what you mean, I am more then happy to attempt to fix any issues that bother you

          Comment


            #6
            It just feels... flat. There very little depth to the sounds, you just have the bare-bones. I couldn't even hear a footstep sound, no ambients, no environmental sounds, hardly any sounds from people around you. Animations just seemed a bit... off, too simple and straight forwards, they need a bit more anticipation, follow through and weight behind them.

            The gameplay seems to consist of just navigating around the environment, and a brawling system which just consists of trading blows and no real tactics and choices (No way to read the opponent and there's only two choices to make and there's no reason to choose either over the other in any situation).

            Sorry, this sounds incredibly nitpicky and negative, I just wanted to be thorough since you asked for it and it's just my opinion.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Graylord View Post
              It just feels... flat. There very little depth to the sounds, you just have the bare-bones. I couldn't even hear a footstep sound, no ambients, no environmental sounds, no sounds from people around you. Animations just seemed a bit... off, too simple and straight forwards, they need a bit more anticipation, follow through and weight behind them.

              The gameplay seems to consist of just navigating around the environment, and a brawling system which just consists of trading blows and no real tactics and choices (No way to read the opponent and there's only two choices to make).

              Sorry, this sounds incredibly nitpicky and negative, I just wanted to be thorough since you asked for it.
              Hey no problem these details are what help to push the game to be better so I do appreciate it

              For the sounds I actually muted most of them so the viewer would be more focused on the music playing then a whole bunch of random sounds popping in and out but I completely understand what your saying, if you were actually playing the game this wouldn't be an issue. As for the animations they aren't the greatest and could use some work, but a lot of them are in game physics like the fight scene for example

              The game is an Adventure game so exploring is a big part of the game, but unlike every other run of the mill FPS game I wanted to show off that this game is more then just running around shooting at enemies the entire game with endless waves of enemies( personally I find that boring). There are puzzles players need solve, players can interact with AI and do side missions for them, each player can upgrade themselves separately and uniquely with new powers,weapons, and abilities, Players obtain there own spaceship that lets them fly where they want literally, there are no boundaries to the space flight. And of course there are guns and shooting involved, but thats definitely not the main focus of the game(I feel theirs already enough of those). Think more like Deus Ex but with co-op where you have the option to kill or interact,ultimately its the players choice how they play the game.

              I get the feeling that you feel this is the final production, but your actually watching a pre-alpha build of the game. There is still lots of work to do, so I do appreciate all of your feedback, I would like the game to appeal to as many players as possible so this does help.

              Comment


                #8
                Wow, pretty good start. With some polish to the above mentioned areas, this could get really good. The only thing I don't think was mentioned is the actual quality of the sounds vs. adding more sounds. I noticed that the neck snapping sound was a bit dull. We are in the Epic forums so I'll pull an example from one of their games in Gears of War. When you get a head shot in GOW that sound just makes you feel awesome. Turn down your TV and get that same headshot and it doesn't really even feel that good (believe me, I know as before I got a headset this is how I played when kids were asleep). If you can come up with some amazing sounds for the necking snapping and other small things in the game, I think the player will want to do that thing over and over because they feel such a sense of accomplishment.

                Also, what type of release time/price are you shooting for? I miss solving some interesting puzzles and am eager to give this a try.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Plenty of hard work in here, just a few things bringing it down.

                  Audio. Agreed, cleared everything else is leagues above the quality of the audio. Even the dialog is silly, two characters start a sentence "So..." which is a sign of weakness in the character, but to be repeated as in cadence between two different species is silliness.

                  The lighting is CSS (can't see ****). Seems to be single source, no complimentary, only game space lights.

                  The trailer should convey the same amount of info in 90 seconds. Being near 7 minutes for trailer is just too much.

                  Overall, reminded me a LOT of Prey. Similar gameplay, scenes, mechanics, etc. Pretty clear influence, but not really a bad thing.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by lovindadonks View Post
                    Wow, pretty good start. With some polish to the above mentioned areas, this could get really good. The only thing I don't think was mentioned is the actual quality of the sounds vs. adding more sounds. I noticed that the neck snapping sound was a bit dull. We are in the Epic forums so I'll pull an example from one of their games in Gears of War. When you get a head shot in GOW that sound just makes you feel awesome. Turn down your TV and get that same headshot and it doesn't really even feel that good (believe me, I know as before I got a headset this is how I played when kids were asleep). If you can come up with some amazing sounds for the necking snapping and other small things in the game, I think the player will want to do that thing over and over because they feel such a sense of accomplishment.

                    Also, what type of release time/price are you shooting for? I miss solving some interesting puzzles and am eager to give this a try.
                    Thanks! yeah it probably would have been a lot better had we left in most of the sound, we just didn't want everything to overpower the music. Anyway the neck break sound has been re-done, which can be tweaked later, but for now it should be a little better. As for release date its TBA 2014, but were glad to hear your looking forward to it.

                    @GrayLord I also went ahead and edited in another attack for the alien to show during the fight. Still needs timing work like you suggested, but that will probably be fine tuned later down the road.

                    Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                    Plenty of hard work in here, just a few things bringing it down.

                    Audio. Agreed, cleared everything else is leagues above the quality of the audio. Even the dialog is silly, two characters start a sentence "So..." which is a sign of weakness in the character, but to be repeated as in cadence between two different species is silliness.

                    The lighting is CSS (can't see ****). Seems to be single source, no complimentary, only game space lights.

                    The trailer should convey the same amount of info in 90 seconds. Being near 7 minutes for trailer is just too much.

                    Overall, reminded me a LOT of Prey. Similar gameplay, scenes, mechanics, etc. Pretty clear influence, but not really a bad thing.
                    Sooooooo I went ahead and removed the main character saying soooo, but the other characters still say it, but who cares about them anyway I also attempted to brighten the video for you, hopefully it will suffice for now. As for the 7 minute trailer there is a good reason its 7 minutes and not 90 secs...

                    Also this game is not exactly the most serious of games when it comes to dialogue check the video in the blog via my signature below to see what I'm talking about

                    Anyway everyone has been a great help so far. We're currently uploading the video again should only take like another 10 hours or so. Hopefully no one will find anymore problems with it
                    Will update when its ready.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by skydew View Post
                      Thanks Jacky always one of the 1st to reply
                      I'd been waiting for another cinematic but it's even better to see that this is actually turning into a game.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Jacky View Post
                        I'd been waiting for another cinematic but it's even better to see that this is actually turning into a game.
                        Haha thanks there will be plenty more great moments in game... to say the least. Its people like you and me this game is being created for

                        The video has been updated let us know if the changes made were for the better and if there is anything else that is bothersome to you let us know

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Great job

                          Hey! This is really nice! Looks like it has some great potential to it. The video made me curious about what's going on in the game, about the story.

                          Funny thing is that while I was looking at the video I thought "this reminds me of Deus Ex", then I read your comment

                          Originally posted by skydew View Post
                          Think more like Deus Ex but with co-op where you have the option to kill or interact,ultimately its the players choice how they play the game.
                          So good luck, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to more updates about this project!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by TheMasquerader View Post
                            Hey! This is really nice! Looks like it has some great potential to it. The video made me curious about what's going on in the game, about the story.

                            Funny thing is that while I was looking at the video I thought "this reminds me of Deus Ex", then I read your comment



                            So good luck, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to more updates about this project!
                            Haha great minds think alike And thanks we can use all the luck we can get More info and updates should be in the Near Future.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Like Max Power said, you have clearly put in tons and tons of effort and time in here!

                              The whole being a prisoner and intro to the trailer and melee combat is so heavily inspired by Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay, but either way you seem to have TONS more mechanics and crazy stuff going on, like the grapple hook section!

                              You have so much dialogue going on that I would honestly invest in better voice actors!

                              But great job, very ambitious project indeed!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X