Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presepe

Hi there,

I've started by 2 days this personal project, it's a presepe, a nativity scene, and it's in neapolitan style, naples has a long tradition in this stuff, so as i'm half neapolitan, i guess that make a presepe in 3d should be fine! here is what i'm up to by now:

And this is what i've done by now in blender:

I hope to get a lot of good tips and tricks as i'm not a pro in UDK! Thanks

I like the style of your buildings, and your lighting setup seems to work pretty well for it.

Comment

Nice work here. The lighting does look good. GL and GJ

Comment

Really nice! Hope to see a video capture when it's finished.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, for the ones who don't know much about neapolitan cribs, here is what i'm trying to achieve:

Thanks

Comment

Nice job on lighting and textures; seems this scene is practically familiar from the actual nativity scene (Presepe in Italian) you captured (you live in Italy?). Keep up the good work.

Comment

Hi there,
              Thanks Private Tux, yes i'm italian =)

I've imported both the houses in UDK and maked a video. The terrain is just a place-holder. I've also filmed in blender the animation of the water-wheel, and still haven't imported it in UDK because the .psa/.psk exporter is giving me a bit of problem, maybe i'll try to animate it in UDK.

hope you like it!

Comment

You can try to rotate the wheel with the WorldDisplacementOffset.
                It should work

Comment

Thanks for the tip DoomTobi, i've tryed it but i've not been able to make it work! Anyway by adding the mesh as interpActor, i've solved my problem! Now it rotate nice and clear!

Comment

Added the water-wheel animation, and modified the roofs, what do you think?

Comment

Up. I've added the lighthouse, the terrain, and some lights. All the scene stand on a round table, from the video it's not that clear. The terrain and table's textures are not final, they're there just to give a idea of how it will be. C&C are very welcome!

Comment

That looks super awesome, Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank you slader! =) little UP.

Comment

A little bit of pizza!

Comment

Good, fun looking scene.

Two quickies:

1. your brick is upside down in a lot of places

2. Some of your edges are awfully planar. I'd bevel them, break them up with some cracks and broken out plaster to expose bricks in a few spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X