new level underground subway-train testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new level underground subway-train testing

id like to know what others think of the train. i know it still needs some work. when i am finished all post a vid and maybe a beta test of the full level;p

In terms of the functionality and lighting it's good. I really like how well your dynamic lighting is working. You really need to work on the models though.

Comment

i agree you need to work on models some more but overall its ok, and even if you want to leave it at current state just for testing kismet its ok

Comment

And some better shaders would be good. Think about reflections on the train and some nomral and specular maps. Maybe some better textures would be good, too. And I think you should make your level a little bit darker, because it isn't that bright at a train station

Comment

Like everyone above has said, looks great from a function perspective. I'm curious to know what would exactly happen if you jump in front of the train while its pulling in and get hit by it. That and would it be possible to ride on the top of the train?

Comment

Nice work! Any tricks on getting the train movement and player movement tied together so nicely, or did it "Just work"?

Comment

hey tom, it just worked one thing that will help the movement is to make the ucx collision of the ceiling low enough on the inside of the train so the player cant jump that way he wont move weird in the air something i still have to fix;p

Comment

hey winter thanks for the comment, well has of right now it will just knock the player backward onto the tracks which has a kill volume. im still working on maybe attaching a kill volume in kismet to the front of the train haven't tried yet. also, there isn't really a way to jump on top of the train however that could be pretty fun maybe i could put some type of static mesh near the train so u can jump up on it! cool idea.

Comment

hey doom, yeah i could use a some more work on the textures. i have a specular and emissive haven't added a normal yet. but good idea;p yeah i agree with the lighting still playing around with it;p

Comment

hey raptor, thanks for the feed back;p yeah i agree with the models i need to work on that and textures to. hopefully i can find a good 3d modeler soon to help out with the work load;p

Comment

hey nabiul! good observation, and thanks on the lighting still gonna work on it some more, same thing with the models;D ill post an update soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X